Ex-Everton pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, you are gonna get it buster

Megatron.jpg

ALL HAIL NEGATRON

Ow. Fair, maybe I blasphemed slightly...

I don't doubt any of that - I'm just sad that I wasn't alive for any of it, so only have those pictures to absorb it from/the people who were. I acknowledge and thank him for his legendary contribution... and can only hope that I will be alive for any equivalent kind of hero to wear the shirt and embellish the trophy cabinet (not likely)

I was born in 1987 (and no, not the part of 1987 where we won the league) and became a Evertonian in 2011 and even though I wasn't alive to see most of Everton's glory (and was 7 1/2 when they won the FA Cup in 1995), anytime I see matches/highlights from the glory years I get excited and swell with pride like I was around to see it live, whatever it's Andy Gray scoring that goal in the 1984 FA Cup Final, Sheedy scoring that beautiful set piece goal vs. Ipswich Town in a 1985 FA Cup tie or having the Red [Poor language removed] take lead four times at Goodison during a 1991 FA Cup tie and four times EFC coming back with a brace apiece from Sharpy and Tony Cottee, forcing a replay and I believe winning it on a Dave Watson goal.

I feel when you follow a club, it's history and the memories (good or bad) get attached with you emotionally because it's apart of the club. I mean i'm from Pittsburgh and although I did see the Steelers win two Super Bowls and the Penguins win a Stanley Cip, I wasn't old enough (or born for that matter) to see the championships or moments that made the city's sports scene great whatever it's Maz hitting that game winning HR to beat the Yankees to win the 1960 World Series, the dynasty of the 1970s that made the Steelers great or seeing the Penguins win it's first two Stanley Cups in 1991 and 92.

Doesn't mean I don't celebrate and cherish those moments like I was there, because I most certainly do.

The problem 'The Rat' had last year was he tried to seem unbiased, which made him come out with some questionable comments, peter reid is the opposite, what you see is what you get. Kilbane is highly thought of in the media world so i heard. Better than Garth Crooks and michael Owen.

Unfortunately the type of personalities on TV these days are either brain dead or just talentless, these are the guys n gals that get more air time for us to laugh at. If you want educating these days then watch the history channel or discovery channel.

I was born in 1987 (and no, not the part of 1987 where we won the league) and became a Evertonian in 2011 and even though I wasn't alive to see most of Everton's glory (and was 7 1/2 when they won the FA Cup in 1995), anytime I see matches/highlights from the glory years I get excited and swell with pride like I was around to see it live, whatever it's Andy Gray scoring that goal in the 1984 FA Cup Final, Sheedy scoring that beautiful set piece goal vs. Ipswich Town in a 1985 FA Cup tie or having the Red [Poor language removed] take lead four times at Goodison during a 1991 FA Cup tie and four times EFC coming back with a brace apiece from Sharpy and Tony Cottee, forcing a replay and I believe winning it on a Dave Watson goal.

I feel when you follow a club, it's history and the memories (good or bad) get attached with you emotionally because it's apart of the club. I mean i'm from Pittsburgh and although I did see the Steelers win two Super Bowls and the Penguins win a Stanley Cip, I wasn't old enough (or born for that matter) to see the championships or moments that made the city's sports scene great whatever it's Maz hitting that game winning HR to beat the Yankees to win the 1960 World Series, the dynasty of the 1970s that made the Steelers great or seeing the Penguins win it's first two Stanley Cups in 1991 and 92.

Doesn't mean I don't celebrate and cherish those moments like I was there, because I most certainly do.

The first paragraph I understood.
Then you wrote the second paragraph in Americanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back