Ex-Everton pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Ratcliffe is an Everton legend. In the eighties he gave his heart and soul to the club. A stalwart captain who gave no quarter, and a hero to many. If his skills as a pundit are in any way in question, this in no way effects what he done in an Everton shirt. I find it hard reading some of the comments posted about him. For me nothing will change the fact that, for then , for now , for ever Kevin Ratcliffe, was, is, and always will be an Everton Giant, a Toffee through and through.

Exactly this.

Plus his poor punditry imo comes from his dissapointment in everton nothing more.

I also get the feeling he's not to impressed with Roberto's stewardship ha...

His performance on TV does not diminish his stature in my eyes at all.

So what if he was unpopular on Channel 5? He was an ace Everton captain, that doesn't change because a few people don't like his TV skills.

I was exaggerating mate.

Edit

Oh, loads of people took to Ratcliffe post seriously.

Of course I wasn't serious.

What do people think of Kilbane's punditry? He seems to talk sense, and most importantly is also quite complimentary of us as a club whenever I've heard him

Quite like him actually.

Probably not a big enough name to make it to where say Gary Neville is though.

Perhaps not a big enough name for Sky. But then again, Sky are clearly only interested in 'big' things. Their self-proclaimed big 4 term used to really p1ss me off

Any pundit would have struggled to be positive about Everton in the Prem season just gone.

I know the posters on here struggled.

So basically the media is full of ex liverpool players but no ex Everton players, even though there are loads of ex Everton players in the media?

And all the ex liverpool players do nothing but big up liverpool instead of being unbiased which is really bad but the ex Everton players hardly ever say anything nice about Everton instead being unbiased?

And all the ex liverpool pundits obsess about liverpool but none of the other clubs they played for but all the ex Everton pundits don't care about Everton cause they played for other clubs?

Think that just about sums it up.

B_62xYOU8AAgzZ2.png:large

Spock's early foray into punditry might show it as a 'logical' choice for him post retirement.

Kevin Ratcliffe is an Everton legend. In the eighties he gave his heart and soul to the club. A stalwart captain who gave no quarter, and a hero to many. If his skills as a pundit are in any way in question, this in no way effects what he done in an Everton shirt. I find it hard reading some of the comments posted about him. For me nothing will change the fact that, for then , for now , for ever Kevin Ratcliffe, was, is, and always will be an Everton Giant, a Toffee through and through.

I don't doubt any of that - I'm just sad that I wasn't alive for any of it, so only have those pictures to absorb it from/the people who were. I acknowledge and thank him for his legendary contribution... and can only hope that I will be alive for any equivalent kind of hero to wear the shirt and embellish the trophy cabinet (not likely).

But he is a bit of a nob on telly, which is all I can get first-handish - and that is sad, for the above reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back