Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that Everton are doing it again.
What I mean by that is that after the trials and tribulations of the arse end of last season a) I reckoned I'd become a bit more relaxed about my ability to handle the new season and b) thinking that the club would have learned from the mistakes that got us into the mess in the first place.
As things stand neither of my wishes/hopes have come to fruition.
It's a tragedy that's been unfolding for years

Squires predicitons

Attachments

• squires ev.png
    squires ev.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 71
Stay clear of serious trouble, develop young players, provide a platform where we can get back in top half next year and above all else put some pride back into the club.

I'm expecting a struggle either way, I just don't know yet if that means a proper relegation dogfight, or floating around in mediocrity. It pains me to say it but the latter would represent progress. I do think there are small green shoots for the future, though.

Been looking at the fixtures a bit closer and we actually have a pretty brutal start to the year. First 12 matches are 5 home 7 away. The home matches are Chelsea, Forest, RS, Wham, United. Aways include both North London sides and Villa and Newcastle who figure to be mid table at worst. We've really got our work cut out to be in a decent position at the end of that.

If we land Onana and Gueye, then there is a good chance of being mid table, they improve the middle of the park that much. If we don’t get them, then I can only see us being in huge trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.