Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I don't think a team has ever gone into the season without a striker available to them, and seeing as we only have one half decent striker in the squad, I think it's fair to say we'll have done very well if we finish where we did last season.

I can't see solutions arriving back the end of the window and once again it'll be a chaotic season playing players in all kinds of positions unfamiliar to them in the hope of landing upon some kind of workable formation.

We have decent players, and if our injury luck holds up we might be able to turn some of those close losses from last season into draws, and that could just about save us.

But right now I am pretty convinced we have the weakest squad in the league simply because there are no goals in it.

We have to hope we will be better than last season but the problems from last season have not been corrected and by losing Richarlison, we have made things worse.

McNeill, Tarkowski, and Gueye will prove to be 6.5/10 signings. They do not significantly improve us and are not going to be regular match winners but they are reliable and consistent. All three have been relegated before. Vinagre is unlikely to start enough to have a regular impact.

I was hoping that, with the Richarlison money, we would make one statement signing. Broja would have been perfect. Hopefully that can still happen.

I think the gap between 14th and 18th will only be maybe 3-6 points and we will probably be in there somewhere again.

Who've had good/bad summers?

Leicester, Brighton, Leeds have all lost/losing important players and have maybe not replaced well enough, Leicester look a mess
Southampton haven't really added anything, and are a poor side, who wouldve been relegated had their been a few more games at the end of last season
Brentford have added a couple of young players, but no eriksson
Fulham apparently have 2 CBs in their squad & silva is fuming over their transfer activity
Bournemouth - well off the required quality to stay up imo
Wolves - added a CB, think thats it? Average side, no goals in their side and jimenez is out for a couple of months

Forest I think will be the surprise package, in the same way Brentford were last season theyve made some decent additions and kepy Johnson etc
Villa im not sure on, on paper theyve made a couple of decent signings but I dont think gerrard knows his best side & I think hes a decent bet for first manager sacked.
Newcastle need attackers, but theyve made a couple of good additions

I think if we signed Broja, gana and another midfielder we could challenge/finish above most of those

We have to hope we will be better than last season but the problems from last season have not been corrected and by losing Richarlison, we have made things worse.

McNeill, Tarkowski, and Gueye will prove to be 6.5/10 signings. They do not significantly improve us and are not going to be regular match winners but they are reliable and consistent. All three have been relegated before. Vinagre is unlikely to start enough to have a regular impact.

I was hoping that, with the Richarlison money, we would make one statement signing. Broja would have been perfect. Hopefully that can still happen.

I think the gap between 14th and 18th will only be maybe 3-6 points and we will probably be in there somewhere again.
nah. think the gap will be much bigger.... at 3 points this says that the team that ends 14th would have been potential to go down on the last day of the season. Cant see it

Not high.
Im still not sure how good or bad lampard is. Walking into a gun fight with a plastic spoon is this Everton job currently.

Who've had good/bad summers?

Leicester, Brighton, Leeds have all lost/losing important players and have maybe not replaced well enough, Leicester look a mess
Southampton haven't really added anything, and are a poor side, who wouldve been relegated had their been a few more games at the end of last season
Brentford have added a couple of young players, but no eriksson
Fulham apparently have 2 CBs in their squad & silva is fuming over their transfer activity
Bournemouth - well off the required quality to stay up imo
Wolves - added a CB, think thats it? Average side, no goals in their side and jimenez is out for a couple of months

Forest I think will be the surprise package, in the same way Brentford were last season theyve made some decent additions and kepy Johnson etc
Villa im not sure on, on paper theyve made a couple of decent signings but I dont think gerrard knows his best side & I think hes a decent bet for first manager sacked.
Newcastle need attackers, but theyve made a couple of good additions

I think if we signed Broja, gana and another midfielder we could challenge/finish above most of those

Agree with all of this. I think it will boil down again to there needing to be 3 worse teams than us.
Leicester is a mad one. They could sell Fofana and get 60/70m, and they'd spend it very well. Their scouting network puts ours to shame.

Supporters from other clubs are going to be looking at us thinking, "they've sold their best player and brought in some mediocre players".
I think we're better defensively, but we didn't really look like scoring last season - and now even less so.

All I can say is that Everton are doing it again.
What I mean by that is that after the trials and tribulations of the arse end of last season a) I reckoned I'd become a bit more relaxed about my ability to handle the new season and b) thinking that the club would have learned from the mistakes that got us into the mess in the first place.
As things stand neither of my wishes/hopes have come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.