Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to see how Lampard utilises the 5 substitutions. Could be a good weapon this season tactically. Will the wing backs be expected to go all out for 60 odd minutes then switch up for Vinagre and Mills/ Coleman.

Can also see the CB positions being rotated with Mina's hamstrings and Coady stepping in.

Would like to see a few more additions and Gomes, gbamin and Keane out before the window closes.

There's a possibility that in our squad, only Pickford goes to the WC. This could be an advantage for us. Rest of the squad will be given time off; then have a mini pre-season and comeback refreshed. This will give Frank and Kev time to asses were we are, and what we need.

Whilst clubs at the top the league will have squads full of players knackered from Qatar.

Most pundits aren’t particularly optimistic about our chances due to Richarlison going and DCL injured. We’re an easy target but maybe fair?
Probably the same pundits who didn’t rate Richarlison over recent seasons. It’s an extremely common condition.

Probably the same pundits who didn’t rate Richarlison over recent seasons. It’s an extremely common condition.
You're probably right. Admittedly, I'm usually quite a positive persons anyway, but I do not feel overly concerned this year as I think we'll be far more solid.

We're an easy target for the press based on last season and the obvious Richy and DCL issues, however it ignores the positives under Frank and the window.

Still, it does bring up a few questions.

You're probably right. Admittedly, I'm usually quite a positive persons anyway, but I do not feel overly concerned this year as I think we'll be far more solid.

We're an easy target for the press based on last season and the obvious Richy and DCL issues, however it ignores the positives under Frank and the window.

Still, it does bring up a few questions.
Do need another goal scorer everyone knows that, but I think we will get enough points to be ok though.

I'll take a boring season of consolidation after last year. We need that striker in the next few weeks though as there are a lot of games on a short period that DCL injury is a big blow

Status
Not open for further replies.