Expectations for the season

Where you think this squad should finish

• Total voters
With 3-4 new signings... then 8th-13 I have gone for.

If we can keep the defence as is (ideally add a RB for me), get a centre mid (Phillips) and at least 1 wide player (Lindstrom/Gnonto) and we can ensure creativity and finishing up top then no reason we cannot get back to mid table.

This would be an amazing season especially with what feels like a transfer strategy change and investing in younger players.

Can only answer with a better idea the day before game 1

We won't know what's realistic until we see our squad

But I'd certainly hope to beat last year's finish. 13th or 14th would be OK.

We need to maintain our defensive record and put away our chances. This happened for two periods last season and our form was incredible and has to be the blueprint for success under Dyche.

Stay moderately injury free, especially at centre back, and mid table is possible I think.

I still expect a 13th-17th place finish. We'll have a good idea how we look up top by the Roma game. We looked toothless in pre season last season with no creativity, so if we look similar by the time the Roma game has finished, I'll be expecting another slog of a season.

I'll be interested to see how Ndiaye and Lindstrom fit into the equation with Mcneil being very much a regular and Harrison coming back. It'll be great to have options, I just don't think we're currently the type of club to splash 18m on Ndiaye and have him sitting on the bench. We need every signing to work and hit the ground running.

Aim should be to earn 50 points - that would be an improvement on our points tally earned from last season. That doesn't feel unrealistic given how we actually seem to have a recruitment strategy for once.

No idea where we stand with regards future points deductions, but if we earn 50 points and receive a further deduction, that will likely see us at the top end of the 13th - 17th category.

With no further additions (after Lindstrom) - survival is the aim.

If we sign a CM, CB, fullback and another winger - mid table is a feasible aim.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back