Expectations for the season

Where you think this squad should finish

• Total voters
We won 48 points last season, I'd like to see us improve on that, 50+ would be an acceptable return. Hopefully there won't be further P&S issues to deal with.

That would be 2-4 points over last season, or AKA 1 match at the beginning of the season when we only had Maupay for 5 matches.
Think we are starting with a weaker squad. Onana and possibly DCL and Branthwaite gone.
Would be difficult to replace them on the cheap

Think we are starting with a weaker squad. Onana and possibly DCL and Branthwaite gone.
Onana wasn't great, he never played any of the games we won near the end of the season, we haven't sold DCL and Branthwaite so there's not much point in using them in an argument for us being weaker, if we go full Kenwright and sell them on deadline with no time left to sign a replacement I'll agree with you but for now
Ndiaye and Iroegbunam in... Onana out
We are better now than last season.

Think we need more bodies in to match last seasons *points won* tally.

Will be a harder season without strengthening a lot more than we have. A couple of older players yet another year older and still a good chunk of the squad that just isn't good enough to rely on. As we are it looks quite a task to get around the 50 point mark.

Wherever that leaves us position wise is pretty academic if you're not in with a shout for Europe - it's getting the job done relatively early and not getting into a drawn out relegation scrap that I'm bothered about.

If we get safe early then slip a few places 'cos players are already on the beach for a few dead rubbers I won't be remotely arsed.

Branthwaite isnt gone, and I would suggest its not quite fair to assume players leaving if you dont assume future players coming. At this point we have added some players and lost some backups. If things continue the trajectory I look forward to a boring season of mediocracy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back