• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

FA Cup 24/25 - Punjab United to Wembley

blueloon

Player Valuation: £40m
The 24/25 FA Cup starts Saturday 3rd August with the Extra Preliminary Round. I’ve picked a team , Punjab United, to follow all the way to Wembley ie when they lose I’ll follow the winners of that match, eventually reaching Wembley. My first game is Punjab Utd v Snodland Town . Here’s what I’ve found so far about the teams .

Punjab Utd , founded 2003 are based in Gravesend , Kent. They joined the Kent County League Premier Division in 2016, and became the first Asian team to win the league when crowned 2016/17 Champions. Following this they were promoted to the Southern Counties East League and are now in the Premier Division.

Snodland Town, founded 2012, are based in Snodland , Kent , not far from Maidstone. They play in the Southern Counties East Premier Division , the same league as Punjab Utd.

It should be a closely fought affair and I make my team Punjab Utd slight favourites….how far can they go?

The 24/25 FA Cup starts Saturday 3rd August with the Extra Preliminary Round. I’ve picked a team , Punjab United, to follow all the way to Wembley ie when they lose I’ll follow the winners of that match, eventually reaching Wembley. My first game is Punjab Utd v Snodland Town . Here’s what I’ve found so far about the teams .

Punjab Utd , founded 2003 are based in Gravesend , Kent. They joined the Kent County League Premier Division in 2016, and became the first Asian team to win the league when crowned 2016/17 Champions. Following this they were promoted to the Southern Counties East League and are now in the Premier Division.

Snodland Town, founded 2012, are based in Snodland , Kent , not far from Maidstone. They play in the Southern Counties East Premier Division , the same league as Punjab Utd.

It should be a closely fought affair and I make my team Punjab Utd slight favourites….how far can they go?
They started as a predominantly Asian team but now that's not the case. You will have to visit Gravesend and my advice would be don't get there too early 😄.

Bemerton Heath Harlequins v Brockenhurst for me. BHH are Salisbury’s second club, located in a blue collar area north of the city. Starting in the local leagues, a series of promotions sees them in the Southern League Division One (South) with a respectable mid table finish last season. Brockenhurst is a small town in the New Forest and compete in the Wessex League.
A new ground, looking forward to it.
Winners home to Laverstock & Ford or Cowes IoW
May not follow winner on winner etc as there is the possibility of AFC Croydon v Met Police in the next round. That would be a belter.

Last edited:

Bemerton Heath Harlequins v Brockenhurst for me. BHH are Salisbury’s second club, located in a blue collar area north of the city. Starting in the local leagues, a series of promotions sees them in the Southern League Division One (South) with a respectable mid table finish last season. Brockenhurst is a small town in the New Forest and compete in the Wessex League.
A new ground, looking forward to it.
Winners home to Laverstock & Ford or Cowes IoW
May not follow winner on winner etc as there is the possibility of AFC Croydon v Met Police in the next round. That would be a belter.
The Met police...any fans?
Seriously, remember seeing something about that years ago, possibly in 442.
The had hardly any .

The Met police...any fans?
Seriously, remember seeing something about that years ago, possibly in 442.
The had hardly any .
A few. The Football club have very little to do with the Police these days other than playing at the Met Police Sports and Social Club and Grounds ( very impressive) at leafy Imber Court in Surrey. Fun fact; They run out to The Clash’s “I Fought the Law”🤣

Bemerton Heath Harlequins 1 Brockenhurst 1
All down to the New Forest on Tuesday night.

Next round dream tie over before it started. AFC Croydon, owned jointly by Stormzy and Wilf Zaha did their bit by beating Guildford City but the Met Police succumbed 1-3 to VCD.

We still do not know who Punjab Utd’s next opponents are except that they are away to either Sheerwater or Rustall who drew 1-1 today at Sheerwater
I once went for a job interview in Sheerness and got quite excited for a moment , until I realised they are different places! .

Anyway , Punjab’s next match is in the Preliminary Round Saturday 17 th August . 13 more wins and they take the Trophy home . ‘Mon the Punjabs !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back