• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

FA Cup 24/25 - Punjab United to Wembley

We still do not know who Punjab Utd’s next opponents are except that they are away to either Sheerwater or Rustall who drew 1-1 today at Sheerwater
I once went for a job interview in Sheerness and got quite excited for a moment , until I realised they are different places! .

Anyway , Punjab’s next match is in the Preliminary Round Saturday 17 th August . 13 more wins and they take the Trophy home . ‘Mon the Punjabs !

At least if it's away you can avoid Gravesend. Please tell me you didn't drink any tap water?

A sunny day in Cleckheaton where 256 people watched Liversedge lose 0-2 to Silsden in the FA Cup. Usual sort of game at this level , I don’t know what the panel think, but the majority of play is between the penalty areas . A lot of attacks break down because the forwards don’t seem to have the confidence to get in the box if the ball goes wide or they want one touch too many if they get the ball on the edge of the area. What do I know though , I was rubbish at all sports !.
IMG_7519.webp IMG_7520.webp IMG_7521.webp

At least if it's away you can avoid Gravesend. Please tell me you didn't drink any tap water?
Mate, I hope I haven’t given the wrong impression , my “ follow” is definitely from afar and via websites ! Gravesend is 620 miles away from me , last time I was down that way was about 35 years ago, my closest since has probably been Gatwick Airport! Depending on our results I may not even watch a FA Cup match live , but will continue to follow Punjab Utd or whomever’s progress.

A sunny day in Cleckheaton where 256 people watched Liversedge lose 0-2 to Silsden in the FA Cup. Usual sort of game at this level , I don’t know what the panel think, but the majority of play is between the penalty areas . A lot of attacks break down because the forwards don’t seem to have the confidence to get in the box if the ball goes wide or they want one touch too many if they get the ball on the edge of the area. What do I know though , I was rubbish at all sports !.
View attachment 267538View attachment 267539View attachment 267540
That’s great , thanks. Anybody attending ANY FA cup matches should feel free to put comments , photos etc in here, unless they see a better thread 👍

Just imagine the scenes when Punjab get drawn away at Anfield, and der mighty redmen go 1-0 down before staging a heroic fightback to win 2-1 with a late penalty. 'Slot Masterminds Miracle Of Punjab' headlines on BBC...

Mate, I hope I haven’t given the wrong impression , my “ follow” is definitely from afar and via websites ! Gravesend is 620 miles away from me , last time I was down that way was about 35 years ago, my closest since has probably been Gatwick Airport! Depending on our results I may not even watch a FA Cup match live , but will continue to follow Punjab Utd or whomever’s progress.
Oh I see. I thought that was an effort from afar 😄

View attachment 267538View attachment 267539View attachment 267540

Good little ground is Liversedge.

Always made to feel welcome!

@blueloon, a very winnable game against Corinthian FC from the Southern Counties East League Premier Division up next for your boys!

3 of my local teams, Lowestoft (level 7), Gorleston (level 8), and Great Yarmouth (level 9) are all still in it at this stage, and all have home ties against teams from the north London / Herts area.

Maybe if Punjab draw one of my teams at some point along the way we can meet up in a Morrison’s car park and have a straightener?

@blueloon, a very winnable game against Corinthian FC from the Southern Counties East League Premier Division up next for your boys!

3 of my local teams, Lowestoft (level 7), Gorleston (level 8), and Great Yarmouth (level 9) are all still in it at this stage, and all have home ties against teams from the north London / Herts area.

Maybe if Punjab draw one of my teams at some point along the way we can meet up in a Morrison’s car park and have a straightener?
Cheers for that mate , I’ve been tardy in updating this thread. Just to clear up any misunderstanding, I’m following Punjab from afar. I decided on a whim to “ follow” a team from the Extra Preliminary Round stage all the way to Wembley. I picked Punjab United because I liked their name and , when I looked further, their story . When they eventually lose I’ll follow the winners into the next round ,and so on .
If you go to any of the matches you mention post on this thread, all contributions welcome, I used to live a couple of miles up the road from Cheshunt 40 years ago!

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back