FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nightmare draw would have been a Championship team away.

I think Martinez is prioritising (whatever he says) the EL as the KO competition to compete well in this season (he basically offered no resistance to Swansea in the LC). A draw away to good lower league opposition would have seen him choosing a weakened side to try and take full advantage of the break from Europe we get until mid February. On the other hand, a home draw against PL competition doing better than we are right now holds his feet to the fire in terms of pressure to get a quality team out to play this tie. If/when we get past WHU the draw will give us, hopefully, a kinder proposition - and after that Martinez will see the sense of fielding his best side in the FA Cup.

West Ham at home was a draw that was needed to focus minds, IMO.

I agree this is a good draw as we need to concentrate on our home PL form and we need to treat this like a PL game

With 2 full strength teams this has the making of a cracking cup tie. Unfortunately teams today devalue the competition by mixing it with players with limited first team appearances. It will be interesting because it will be the first fixture after the batch of fixtures over the festive and new year period. A nailed on TV game

With 2 full strength teams this has the making of a cracking cup tie. Unfortunately teams today devalue the competition by mixing it with players with limited first team appearances. It will be interesting because it will be the first fixture after the batch of fixtures over the festive and new year period. A nailed on TV game

Doubt it. The "cupset" possibilities are what the TV people look for in this round. Wimbledon vs. Turds most likely.

Correct me if I am wrong but...

Andy Carroll?

If we are really really depressed then you know he will score three but...

Andy Carroll.

Why the eff would anyone be down in the cups on this fixture.

....been to London and back for a meeting with work today. As normal the train went past Wembley en route to Euston. I thought about the old view I saw as a kid in '66, with the iconic pearly towers and compared it to the towering arch that's there now. Hoping it's all an omen for further visits next year, especially the day after the 3rd round draw.

We'll have Stones back for this.
McCarthy too (until next time his hammy screws him)
We may even have moved in the transfer market already.

Which means, in the next 4 weeks we'll probably see Lukaku break his leg and Barkley's head fall off.

Last edited:
We'll have Stones back for this.
McCarthy too (until next time his happy screws him)
We may even have moved in the transfer market already.

Which means, in the next 4 weeks we'll probably see Lukaku break his leg and Barkley's head fall off.

nailed on lol

Hopefully that crater faced Kopite bellwhiff Nolan gets snapped in half and the ambulance carrying him to hospital catches fire, before veering out of control into the path of a fuel tanker. If his remains make it to hospital hopefully Dr Ebola Stains is first to examine him.

lol lol lol lol

....been to London and back for a meeting with work today. As normal the train went past Wembley en route to Euston. I thought about the old view I saw as a kid in '66, with the iconic pearly towers and compared it to the towering arch that's there now. Hoping it's all an omen for further visits next year, especially the day after the 3rd round draw.
I'm working near Wembley stadium at the moment, every time I look up I see the arch. There was a cracking sunrise over there today, a pale red being dominated by a strong blue sky. Can there be a better omen than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back