• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good today, I also think the manager deserves bit of credit, he put him just in front of kane a lot today stopping the supply into him.

tbf Kane seems to be doing all the damage himself. Absolutely dreadful again today, he seems to be hell bent on doing all his work about 14 miles away from the penalty box.

Delph motm again for me though.

TBF Delph made the difference today.
But thats how it is usually, plays a few good games before contract gets renewed.
Once renewed, the body breaks down for another 6 months of free wages

This is what we needed from him under Silva. It worked well today with him sitting infront of the defence, He starved Harry kane from picking up possession in the pocket and Allan was effective in the press. When Davies came on and the roles were reversed between him and Allan we wasn't as tight in this area. But I thought Tom did ok.

Glad Delph performed well today, and I hope he continues to put in good performances for us. You can't ignore that he put in good tackles, interceptions and breaking off counter. Of course playing Townsend towards the center helped, with Townsend's relentless pressing alongside Allan - they hurried Spurs midfielders to make less quality passes that Delph and the Defense able to intercept.

He's trying to earn a new contract, which is totally normal. But we shouldn't award new contract to him yet, just from 1 or 2 performances unless he was able to put in these type of performances on a regular basis.

Glad Delph performed well today, and I hope he continues to put in good performances for us. You can't ignore that he put in good tackles, interceptions and breaking off counter. Of course playing Townsend towards the center helped, with Townsend's relentless pressing alongside Allan - they hurried Spurs midfielders to make less quality passes that Delph and the Defense able to intercept.

He's trying to earn a new contract, which is totally normal. But we shouldn't award new contract to him yet, just from 1 or 2 performances unless he was able to put in these type of performances on a regular basis.
Shouldn’t award a new contract at all more like.
Long may this purple patch continue, but he is an absolute liability and will be injured again the second any contract is signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back