• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
His injuries have been terrible for the club, but his attitude? You obviously must know him and I don't, in fact I have no memory of even hearing him speak. Tell us about his bad attitude?
The way he went after his teammates then choked and conceded a goal. The way he floundered off the field because he didn’t feel like embarrassing himself for another minute (he certainly wasn’t injured). The way he went after Holgate without taking accountability for himself. Need I go on?

Come on. Stop playing an ignorant fool and being a contrarian just because you are feeling charitable for this massive tit. You’re embarrassing yourself as he has at the club since he has been here.

He doesn't do anything (just like most of his fellow midfielders at the club). Not free scoring, no killer pass, not a hard tackler or ball winner. For the odd times he's fit he just plays a 2 yard sideways/backwards pass. I admit that that's more than some of his teammates can do.

but it's no reason to offer him a new contract!
This - all day long.

Edit; 45mins & 65 mins do not a player make - get the overpaid sicknote off the books asap.

I have nothing against Delph, and a player who gets to play on Guerdiola's team obviously has quality. But it was obviously a misinvestment, but it's not Delph's fault. Often the players get undeservedly a lot of criticism from supporters, who understandably are upset and angry that the players are constantly injured.

However, I think there are a few players who want to be injured. Admittedly, there may be some who have a lower pain threshold than others, and who do not take care of their body as a professional should. However, these are factors that the club should know in advance before investing in a player.

Delph's injury history was well known before Everton invested in him, giving him a relatively lucrative three-year contract. The anger of the supporters should be directed at those responsible for these investments, not the players. They want long and lucrative contracts so that the future is secured, which is completely rational.

Always a risk when you take on a player of his age, especially with his injury record. They could turn out like Gareth Barry and be an absolute star or just rock up and wind down their career on good money. I don't think Delph falls into the later category. He has just been unlucky with injuries.

With the state of the clubs finances its important to get deadwood off the books as soon as possible. Get him off the books at the end of the season and free up some wages for someone who isn't perrenially injured and help the squad build.

Always a risk when you take on a player of his age, especially with his injury record. They could turn out like Gareth Barry and be an absolute star or just rock up and wind down their career on good money. I don't think Delph falls into the later category. He has just been unlucky with injuries.
Gareth Barry was rarely injured, while Delph has mostly struggled with injuries. Which makes a huge difference when it comes to investing in players.

Let's hope he doesn't get a sick note from his Mum this weekend . If he gets a little cold I don't know who's going to play in the midfield this weekend .

He’s shown how poor our squad depth is by coming straight back in and making a difference but we need players who can do that every week and that is not him. No contract renewal should be offered, even if we do expect the injury record to improve now the medical staff have been replaced

Pay as you play contract (was that ever a thing anyway??) would all I would offer him. As above if he was fit 90% of the time great, but its only 10% if we r lucky.

Pay as you play contract (was that ever a thing anyway??) would all I would offer him. As above if he was fit 90% of the time great, but its only 10% if we r lucky.

Pay as you play contracts exist in non-league only. There is no chance on this earth that a professional Premier League footballer accepts a pay as you play contract in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back