• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't do anything (just like most of his fellow midfielders at the club). Not free scoring, no killer pass, not a hard tackler or ball winner. For the odd times he's fit he just plays a 2 yard sideways/backwards pass. I admit that that's more than some of his teammates can do, but it's no reason to offer him a new contract!
He usually looks to play the ball forward. He can control the ball and has good technique. Held his place in a pep team which speaks volumes about his technical ability.

Fitness however is not reliable and on our wages structure unless he can prove he can remain fit I would not be offering a contract.

The biggest issue for me was always that his injury record has been embarrassing. IF (and it's a mighty big if) he can actually stay fit and improve his conditioning that's at least a significant step in the right direction. Can't see it at all though.

The biggest issue for me was always that his injury record has been embarrassing. IF (and it's a mighty big if) he can actually stay fit and improve his conditioning that's at least a significant step in the right direction. Can't see it at all though.

it’s classic Everton. When we bought him he was an England international who was trusted by Guardiola to play out of position in a team that got over 100 points. He moved to us and everyone thinks he’s rubbish because he’s been absolutely ravaged by injury. Yes he’s always been injury prone but he did play a lot more for Villa and City. Our sham of a medical team almost made his signing completely irrelevant for us. He should have been a perfect utility player for us slotting in to take the strain off Allan Docuoure and even Digne. Instead Tom Davies has played far far too often for us and we’ve lost a lot of games because of it. We should have had an international quality player in midfield and instead we’ve had a joke league one standard player whilst Delph has just occupied the treatment table along with Gbamin, and Gomes, and Mina, and DCL, and Doucoure.

it’s classic Everton. When we bought him he was an England international who was trusted by Guardiola to play out of position in a team that got over 100 points. He moved to us and everyone thinks he’s rubbish because he’s been absolutely ravaged by injury. Yes he’s always been injury prone but he did play a lot more for Villa and City. Our sham of a medical team almost made his signing completely irrelevant for us. He should have been a perfect utility player for us slotting in to take the strain off Allan Docuoure and even Digne. Instead Tom Davies has played far far too often for us and we’ve lost a lot of games because of it. We should have had an international quality player in midfield and instead we’ve had a joke league one standard player whilst Delph has just occupied the treatment table along with Gbamin, and Gomes, and Mina, and DCL, and Doucoure.
Your comment about our 'medical' team @Saint Domingo.........AMEN!
Jeez, we have a player with trapped wind and they are out for 6/8 (going on for 20) weeks. I'd hate one of these 'professionals' to be my GP.

--------------------Pickford------------------------

Collyman-----Mina------Godfrey----------Digne

---------------------Delph--------------------------

Townsend----Allan--------Doucoure-------Gray

--------------------Richarlison---------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back