• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he kept up this form for the remainder of the season then I would be tempted to offer him a contract

Could only be a 1 year extension as the most and he would have to both keep fit and play like he did against Spurs and Wolves consistently.

Could only be a 1 year extension as the most and he would have to both keep fit and play like he did against Spurs and Wolves consistently.
Yes that is what I was implying. I only said IF and got to be honest on this form he has been our best player over the last couple of games.
It would be quite silly to let him go if he kept this form for the rest of the season but you are deffo right in it only being a 1 year extension.
Be stupid not to if he keeps the form.....big ask though.

We are a million miles away from talking about a new deal for him.

That said, it's fairly clear that only a fit Doucoure, Allan and Delph are up to the required standards to actually play for us in this current crop of centre mids. If (and it's a mammoth-sized IF) he could stay fit for the whole season and continues the sort of form we've seen in the last two games, I'd consider a year extension as perhaps Benitez is the manager to get a tune out of him.

Long way to go yet.

The one thing I would say is that Davies and Gomes have consistently proven not to be up to the required standards, so they need bouncing and Gbamin is at best a million miles away from being ready to play in the team and at worst not good enough anyway - while we have six senior players at the club in the central midfield positions, the dearth of quality is staggering

He doesn't do anything (just like most of his fellow midfielders at the club). Not free scoring, no killer pass, not a hard tackler or ball winner. For the odd times he's fit he just plays a 2 yard sideways/backwards pass. I admit that that's more than some of his teammates can do, but it's no reason to offer him a new contract!

He doesn't do anything (just like most of his fellow midfielders at the club). Not free scoring, no killer pass, not a hard tackler or ball winner. For the odd times he's fit he just plays a 2 yard sideways/backwards pass. I admit that that's more than some of his teammates can do, but it's no reason to offer him a new contract!

Not having that tbh, he was spraying passes against Tottenham and stretching the game. He also intercepted Spurs passes a few times and offered a calm head in the middle. Not sure we signed Delph to score goals like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back