Fading Fernandes! (This Is not a knee jerk reaction thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was made up with his work rate and his willingness to chase back. i thought that he was looking for the killer ball too much when it would have been better to keep it simple. when all the players get to play with manny on the training pitch and get on his wave length, then he can start looking for killer passes. but altogether a thumbs up for manny tonight.

sidwell was poor tonight for sure. i watched him carefully but would not want him in the team.

shame for the lad as it was going well for him at reading.

fast feet, faster passing - it says something when a player on his return out visions and out passes every other player on the pitch.

ps. sick of the hoof from a lot of players (not munny) we dont have ferguson, and we dont have drogba and we dont have shearer and we dont have ferdinand (L) and we dont have ferguson.

time to wake up and realise that 5 foot 7 inch johnson is going to struggle versus towering defenders.

wakey wakey.

He played better than Osman thru-ought... people have accused him previosly of drfiting out of games, but Osman was anonymous the whole game tonight :(

this chelsea game is spilling in to a few threads.. but i think the tactics of hoof ball we played tonight at times would have suited a 442 with anichebe up there.

I thought Manny played particularly well but you could tell he started to fade a bit as those incisive passes he was completing in the first half weren't quite getting to their intended target the 2nd half.

He's gonna be good for us again this season, I promise you that.

I think we made it easy for Chelsea,I would not fault any of are players for effort but how is AJ going to out jump their defence and hold on to the ball it as crying out for a creative mid fielder to partner Arteta and with Mannys fitness level being not what it should we needed another class player in the midfield trouble is we dont have one which is why we will have to settle for 4th:(

this chelsea game is spilling in to a few threads.. but i think the tactics of hoof ball we played tonight at times would have suited a 442 with anichebe up there.

Exactly. It was obvious te tactics were wrong from the outset. Cahill won nothing all night and Johnson was everywhere and nowhere. I blame Moyes for the tactics tonight, or at least the lack of substitutions.
Impressed with Manny though!!!

To be fair though most of the team faded after that initial 30 minutes. At the start we were playing some decent passing football but after a while we resorted to long ball stuff more and more.

He can be frustrating when he gives the ball away in dangerous places but he's certainly worth persevering with.

Thought he was pretty average at best last night, his game last night entailed passing sideways (ala Ray Wilkins) and he never moved forward more than 2 or 3 yards with the ball at his feet.

Him, Arteta and Cahill aren't a good combination when chasing the game against a top team.

They don't do enough off the ball - in particular Cahill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back