Fading Fernandes! (This Is not a knee jerk reaction thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cahill has been off the boil in the past few weeks. Hopefully he'll get back to his best soon, although he does seem to need a good winger putting in crosses regularly so we might have to wait until Pienaar returns to see him back at his best.

Cahill has been off the boil in the past few weeks. Hopefully he'll get back to his best soon, although he does seem to need a good winger putting in crosses regularly so we might have to wait until Pienaar returns to see him back at his best.

Definitely. Completely ineffective and in the past few games, has offered nothing.

As you said, hopefully he gets his finger out and gets a grip.

Thought he was pretty average at best last night, his game last night entailed passing sideways (ala Ray Wilkins) and he never moved forward more than 2 or 3 yards with the ball at his feet.

Pretty sure he was told to stay well back. He seemed to be further back than Carsley most of the time. Presumably instructions rather than choice.

I'd like to see Fernandez actually move more with the ball, I appreciate his fitness isnt up to speed yet, but his first thoughts were always where to pass the ball to last night. He has the talent to run with it and it was frustrating to watch him pass it to Carsley rather than try and open chelsea up.

He is great, he moves around in front of the defense quite a bit and helps us get the ball out of our half. I'm so happy hes back

Pienaar will show him up on his return for the lazy waster he is.

Theres only room for one set of dreadlocks in my team.

Got your lady poodle friend in dreadlocks now chico?

I've always said how good fernandes is on the ball, thats why I was so gutted when he never signed. But give him 4-5 games of regular playing and training sessions and then Pienaar will be back, and then we'll be kicking arse and chewing bubble gum.

To be honest, this is just typical of him. Thought he was having a fantastic game..........an then gone. You might say its his fitness, but he was like this last time he was here. He really looks class at times, but its no good for only 10-20 mins a game. We can't afford a luxory player at everton, were just not strong enough.

I would never have brought him back, but he's here now an i hope he does really well. At times he does look class. hope moyes can pull 80+ mins out of him.

I agree totally on the Fernandes assessment. His passes were of great quality. He made some great tackles early. I just felt he could have held the ball some and attacked and took on some players last night. I agree his first game back in a semi-final against a good side Chelsea would be on his mind. He still displayed great class to me. He just has a tremendous upside. Once he finds himself and the encouragement of the team he will display his amazing talents again.

I was pretty impressed by his all-round game. The ease with which he passes the ball, along the ground, is excellent. Although he did fade, there is reason to believe that this was mostly down to match fitness as well as the pretty turbulent time he has had of late. Give Moyes some weeks with the lad, and then we can really see what he's capable of. I have a feeling that if Manny feels loved, then we'll see the best from him. He just needs a cuddle! :lol:

What he adds:

-Stays in front of the defenders to help get the ball out of our half
-Can keep the ball well and isnt afraid of a good challenge
-Passes along the ground ALWAYS, can influence others to do the same
-Picks out certain passes that I havent seen other players try do, long passes along the ground

He will also improve with experience and under Moyes. I didnt think he faded in the Chelsea game, I watched it again a day after and tried to see where he faded out, but hes always there putting in tackles and hanging quite far back near the defence. (is it defence or defense? and im not american)

There was one long stabbed pass to Valente in the 2nd half. It was over about 40 yards and was instinctive as well as a pass that no one else in the team would have even thought of. We need to give him time. Remember the threads on the Yak a couple of games in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back