Fading Fernandes! (This Is not a knee jerk reaction thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manu at the moment I think is short on confidence and fitness. Did anyone else notice on the live coverage - as the players lined up in the tunnel all of them were doing usual things, a few stretches, but basically looking straight ahead etc, but Manu had negative body language, he crossed his arms and leant on the tunnel wall looking at the ground. It struck me right then that it looked like he wasn't mentally in the best place before playing a game. Nuno did come over to him though, perhaps he was trying to get him feeling in better shape.
I think the ideal situation would be something like what has happened for Pienaar, he gets used to the team, bonds properly with the squad, his morale, work rate and performances improve to a high level and he stays fit. Then I think he would deliver for us. Also if a permanent move is ever going to come off then if Manu pestered his agents to seal a move to Everton then it may hopefully affect a lowering of his transfer fee. But that's a whole other story I know.

Manu at the moment I think is short on confidence and fitness. Did anyone else notice on the live coverage - as the players lined up in the tunnel all of them were doing usual things, a few stretches, but basically looking straight ahead etc, but Manu had negative body language, he crossed his arms and leant on the tunnel wall looking at the ground. It struck me right then that it looked like he wasn't mentally in the best place before playing a game. Nuno did come over to him though, perhaps he was trying to get him feeling in better shape.
I think the ideal situation would be something like what has happened for Pienaar, he gets used to the team, bonds properly with the squad, his morale, work rate and performances improve to a high level and he stays fit. Then I think he would deliver for us. Also if a permanent move is ever going to come off then if Manu pestered his agents to seal a move to Everton then it may hopefully affect a lowering of his transfer fee. But that's a whole other story I know.

He got helluva reception from the crowd when his name was read out.

manny would have been realy nervous though, hes not been playing at valencia, and must know what was said about him after he joined them over us. wouln't have known how the crowd would react, reception would have lifted his spirits though;)

someone was looking for the gif file or the avi of his goal against manure last season, then it occured to me, it was the 'munny shot'.

anyway, as much as i dont like acknowledging it, munny against chelsea last week was pretty good, good touch and very quick feet meant he was able to pass forwards to feet. on a night where chelsea showed us what passing really is (i know we were without out full compliment) munny showed he already knew.

id forgotten how good he was, realy hope we get him on a permanant deal in the summer. hopefull with him taking the ball off the back 4 we will not play so much hoofball ( ino we play better football when we have Pienaar, Arteta, Osman)

Its great to see that the man in charge of our club is interested in getting players who are positive, skillfull and great passers of the ball.

I'm sure moyes is taking a page out of wenger's book, if not quite having the same network yet.

pienaar, arteta & fernandes.... gone some from the dark old days :D

My only worry about that lineup is it is all-foreign. The only British player to fit in there will be Osman. And that would only be on a rotating basis.

is that so different from every other club in the league though?

considering we have the likes of hibbert, lescott, baines, jagielka, osman, AJ & vaughan I don't think we do so bad. ;)

Just seems the whole 'creative' force is foreign. As with most teams. Just something that I actually think Moyes is trying to address with the Youth system he is nuturing.

its a different problem, but desire is the key, its too easy in britain to just get by. modern life is geared around the quick fix, from food (specific to fast food/ready meals), to exercise (lose 30 pounds in a month/new fad diet), to makeovers, to employment (get a new job overnight/qualifications).

ironically, the slow and steady progress that has seen the 'instant success attitude' of today means that progressively fewer and fewer british will cut it in the upper echelons of sporting endeavor. where is the lewis hamilton for swimming? the many fields of athletics, rugby, cricket, tennis? modern day society has bred an apathy towards hard work and dedication. it again boils down to responsibility, and the awareness to actually work towards something overtime so as to earn the plaudits instead of just expecting the rewards on a plate.

modern day player i admire, nigel reo-coker, was playing sunday league for the sake of playing, kept himself fit, kept himself in terms of a job, and was spotted and recruited. its almost a fairy tale, and now finds himself a club that is on the up and definately going places.

pardon me for the tangent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back