Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimeister

Player Valuation: £35m
Been going the match now 35 years. That's a long time when you think about it. I was very lucky to have seen the mid-80's. I was a bit young to fully appreciate what winning titles meant but going to school when 99% of the kids supported the scum and to be one blue who knew his team was the best for a season or two will be a never repeated feeling.

In all those years, going through very hard times and the odd up, one thing has been consistent. I've always like our fans. The lads I go the game with are brilliant. Whether win or lose they don't go too over the top and every blue I ever come across seems to have that trait. Yes we can all talk rubbish on-line but blues to me have always been grounded. But that's what our fans have always been like, haven't they? They have that special type of humour and you just know when we finally win that bit of silverware they will be the lads you want to celebrate it with.

Anyway to finally get my point. To boo Kone before he even stepped on the pitch today was a disgrace. I've always been of the opinion that if you pays your money you gets your say but if you were one of those today you're an idiot. You're the type of person who goes the darts dressed as a carrot and boos the player just as they're about to throw. For the last couple of seasons some of our fans have been toxic and they are making the match going experience unbearable. You're helping the club about as much as Blue Bill so please do one and don't come back.

Now let's all put a cone on oour head and sing 'Kone, Kone, Kone'

Been going the match now 35 years. That's a long time when you think about it. I was very lucky to have seen the mid-80's. I was a bit young to fully appreciate what winning titles meant but going to school when 99% of the kids supported the scum and to be one blue who knew his team was the best for a season or two will be a never repeated feeling.

In all those years, going through very hard times and the odd up, one thing has been consistent. I've always like our fans. The lads I go the game with are brilliant. Whether win or lose they don't go too over the top and every blue I ever come across seems to have that trait. Yes we can all talk rubbish on-line but blues to me have always been grounded. But that's what our fans have always been like, haven't they? They have that special type of humour and you just know when we finally win that bit of silverware they will be the lads you want to celebrate it with.

Anyway to finally get my point. To boo Kone before he even stepped on the pitch today was a disgrace. I've always been of the opinion that if you pays your money you gets your say but if you were one of those today you're an idiot. You're the type of person who goes the darts dressed as a carrot and boos the player just as they're about to throw. For the last couple of seasons some of our fans have been toxic and they are making the match going experience unbearable. You're helping the club about as much as Blue Bill so please do one and don't come back.

Now let's all put a cone on oour head and sing 'Kone, Kone, Kone'

I booed. I only booed because Martinez left that Rooney lad on the bench, and brought on our other striker instead.

Couldn't agree more. The players haven't done themselves any favours today with their performance but why have our fans turned so pathetic? I've been supporting Everton since the mid 90's and we've been through much worse than this in that time and had far worse teams. But some people at the match seem to get more enjoyment out of moaning and screaming at the players than if we do something good. It's a bit odd and quite frustrating to be around as well to be honest.

The fans barely give some players a chance either. It's like they like to be proven right if someone has a bad performance.

Never thought I would feel that way about our fanbase because i've always been proud to support a club with a great support and passionate fanbase who turn up in numbers home and away, but i'm enjoying the match day experience a lot less these days because of this lot who have started moaning constantly.

Couldn't agree more. The players haven't done themselves any favours today with their performance but why have our fans turned so pathetic? I've been supporting Everton since the mid 90's and we've been through much worse than this in that time and had far worse teams. But some people at the match seem to get more enjoyment out of moaning and screaming at the players than if we do something good. It's a bit odd and quite frustrating to be around as well to be honest.

The fans barely give some players a chance either. It's like they like to be proven right if someone has a bad performance.

Never thought I would feel that way about our fanbase because i've always been proud to support a club with a great support and passionate fanbase who turn up in numbers home and away, but i'm enjoying the match day experience a lot less these days because of this lot who have started moaning constantly.

So it's the same at the match as it is in here...not surprised.

Thought they were being edgy and saying Kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone myself. (like England and Wales Cricket Fans do with Jo Root)

Don't know really, around by me it seemed to be because he was bringing Kone, they booed the "And Brendan's replacement, Arouna Kone" bit.

I was watching on line, and didnt hear anything. Thought it was a ballsy sub if I am honest. Galloway had thumped into the ad hoarding behind the goal a few minutes before, so assumed he had a slight knock.

But booing a player coming on is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back