Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the debate over Martinez on here, I think the atmosphere from the get go spoke for itself v Watford . The fans have had enough. You can sit here and say he might turn it around but the truth is the vast majority that were at the goodison do not Beleive that as evidenced In the anger and discontent after just 15 mins v Watford

The noose is tightening rapidly for Martinez imo

Fans having a moan about fans who like a moan...

Everton FC ladies and Gents Everton FC

I didn't go to the game last weekend as I really can't justify the cost involved in Flights accommodation match tickets etc etc... But if i did I would have had a right moan and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Fans who are happy with the board and happy just to plod along and gothegame are entitled to do just that but please don't preach to the many others who care greatly about our lack of ambition.

We talking about kone being booed, what the board got to do with this thread

Goodison has become an embarrassment and so have a significant amount of our fans. The sad thing is, I genuinely put it down to things like Social Media and Internet Forums as to why it's become this way. These same fans now who are literally disgusted if our players haven't got themselves in to a 2-0 commanding lead after 15 minutes probably used to get right behind the team like a set of fans are supposed to.

These types of fans turn up and pay their money now and think that entitles them to demand a victory in every game or flowing football. That's not the way it works. When we were awful in the 90's the fans used to stand up for the team and have a go back at the jibes from the away end. Now everyone sits there in silence. When we used to concede a goal, the crowd would chant for Everton in an attempt to get behind them. Now everyone slumps back in their seat and starts hurling sickening abuse at players of all ages for playing a 5 yard pass too slow or not having a shot. Grown men with spit coming out of their mouth because Jagielka hasn't crossed the half way line quick enough.

I support Everton because I come from a family of Evertonians and was brought up that way. I'd love us to be a great team again, but as long as the players are trying, I will always get behind them and hope they do well. Surely that's what we are there for as fans? If you're there to see great football week in week out because you've paid your money, why not go and watch a different team that is successful in these times where the football doesn't stress you out so much.

Having said all that, some of the performances haven't been good enough and people are entitled to be frustrated. It's the singling out of certain players and the tantrums and hurling abuse at our own team that is doing my head in.

I felt many Everton fans have successfully transformed into glory hunters.
oco.gif

Booing Kone was bang out of order. I agree he has been a waste of money since we bought him, i do think he could offer us something this season now he is fit, it will be hard for him knowing that no matter what he does, Lukaku will start - poor form, broken legs, head cut off, martinez will start Lukaku, dont expect them both to play for a run of games either !

The players cant do anything right, not because they are poor - because they certaintly arent ! But because of this tippy tappy stuff they practice every day in training, even on saturday the fans were screaming for Howard to get the ball out wide quickly and he stood there with his arms out telling the players to take it easy, calm down etc. Which brings me again to martinez philosophy of tikka takka BS.

If you truly want to play the passing for passing sake style then you need a keeper with good, quick distribution, Howard offers neither, but martinez wont drop him. Playing two holding midfielders - martinez' call. Playing centre midfielders on the wing - martinez' call.
All in all the booing was wrong but i feel it stems more from frustration at martinez than booing Kone for the sake of it.

Mods: I know this martinez debate has many threads, but the point is the people of fed up of the crap served each week by Martinez, hence the reason people are booing, nothing personal to Kone i would like to think.

Some of our fans are a disgrace, plain and simple expecting us to beat Watford. Chelsea should have beat Swansea, west ham won aganist arsenal away. Getting on the players back is a joke. We might not be good enough to win all our games but they give it all and try their best. L

I bet you tell your kids it's alright to finish last at sports day as well don't you? Mine might grow up with deep psychological issues, but god damn it they'll be winners.

@EFC78 - your memory of the 90's is different to mine mate. On the numerous occasions we stank the place out the atmosphere was poisonous. Players got exactly the same amount of abuse as they get today imo.

I also don't agree that fans turn up demanding and expecting a win either. What they demand is passion, workrate and tactical nous from the manager. When they see a lack of anyone of those 3 they get agitated and let their feelings known.

Goodison has become an embarrassment and so have a significant amount of our fans. The sad thing is, I genuinely put it down to things like Social Media and Internet Forums as to why it's become this way. These same fans now who are literally disgusted if our players haven't got themselves in to a 2-0 commanding lead after 15 minutes probably used to get right behind the team like a set of fans are supposed to.

These types of fans turn up and pay their money now and think that entitles them to demand a victory in every game or flowing football. That's not the way it works. When we were awful in the 90's the fans used to stand up for the team and have a go back at the jibes from the away end. Now everyone sits there in silence. When we used to concede a goal, the crowd would chant for Everton in an attempt to get behind them. Now everyone slumps back in their seat and starts hurling sickening abuse at players of all ages for playing a 5 yard pass too slow or not having a shot. Grown men with spit coming out of their mouth because Jagielka hasn't crossed the half way line quick enough.

I support Everton because I come from a family of Evertonians and was brought up that way. I'd love us to be a great team again, but as long as the players are trying, I will always get behind them and hope they do well. Surely that's what we are there for as fans? If you're there to see great football week in week out because you've paid your money, why not go and watch a different team that is successful in these times where the football doesn't stress you out so much.

Having said all that, some of the performances haven't been good enough and people are entitled to be frustrated. It's the singling out of certain players and the tantrums and hurling abuse at our own team that is doing my head in.

People were throwing cushions in the 80s and daubing Kendall out on walls. Attendances were rubbish at a time when tickets were affordable. The Goodison crowd has not changed. If players are putting themselves about honestly, then no matter how limited they are (a large part of the 90s) the crowd will get behind them. There was barely any booing during the Moyes era because despite a lot of issues the majority thought that Moyes and the players were doing their utmost to put it right even in the worst times.

If the crowd however, are packing stadiums home and away at a ridiculous cost to themselves only to watch what should be our best premier league squad barely get out of first gear yet again for the second season running then they will let their feelings be known. This team has had support and did jack all with it. When the crowd has been behind them (almost the entire first half of last season), they slapped them in the face with lethargic embarrassing non performances home and away. Quite frankly they responded better to booing. To make it worse a few of the players and manager have come out and basically told the crowd to be quiet as they don't deserve to be booed. Patronising, inflammatory disregard for a loyal fan base.

It took until the Wigan cup game for Moyes' team to be roundly booed. Next game? They came out and beat City and the crowd, despite being let down just a week earlier was right behind them. When Martinez puts out teams of 11 committed players interested in winning football matches he'll have some of the best fans in the country behind him. If he continues to send out joke line ups of half fit players, most out of position, looking to achieve nothing more than a possession training exercise, then he will get booed out of his job. It's really as simple as that.

This crowd got behind Stracquilarsi for crying out loud. It's one of the most tolerant, patient, and forgiving crowds in the country who will genuinely give any player a chance. They are fed up of this clown though, and most are fed up of all the problems at this club being blamed on the fans. We're bottom half, with no money, an old stadium, and no prospects because the crowd boos the team. Let the boos reign until the jokers at Goodison have departed. Massive massive frauds.

@EFC78 - your memory of the 90's is different to mine mate. On the numerous occasions we stank the place out the atmosphere was poisonous. Players got exactly the same amount of abuse as they get today imo.

I also don't agree that fans turn up demanding and expecting a win either. What they demand is passion, workrate and tactical nous from the manager. When they see a lack of anyone of those 3 they get agitated and let their feelings known.

totally agree,

People were throwing cushions in the 80s and daubing Kendall out on walls. Attendances were rubbish at a time when tickets were affordable. The Goodison crowd has not changed. If players are putting themselves about honestly, then no matter how limited they are (a large part of the 90s) the crowd will get behind them. There was barely any booing during the Moyes era because despite a lot of issues the majority thought that Moyes and the players were doing their utmost to put it right even in the worst times.

If the crowd however, are packing stadiums home and away at a ridiculous cost to themselves only to watch what should be our best premier league squad barely get out of first gear yet again for the second season running then they will let their feelings be known. This team has had support and did jack all with it. When the crowd has been behind them (almost the entire first half of last season), they slapped them in the face with lethargic embarrassing non performances home and away. Quite frankly they responded better to booing. To make it worse a few of the players and manager have come out and basically told the crowd to be quiet as they don't deserve to be booed. Patronising, inflammatory disregard for a loyal fan base.

It took until the Wigan cup game for Moyes' team to be roundly booed. Next game? They came out and beat City and the crowd, despite being let down just a week earlier was right behind them. When Martinez puts out teams of 11 committed players interested in winning football matches he'll have some of the best fans in the country behind him. If he continues to send out joke line ups of half fit players, most out of position, looking to achieve nothing more than a possession training exercise, then he will get booed out of his job. It's really as simple as that.

This crowd got behind Stracquilarsi for crying out loud. It's one of the most tolerant, patient, and forgiving crowds in the country who will genuinely give any player a chance. They are fed up of this clown though, and most are fed up of all the problems at this club being blamed on the fans. We're bottom half, with no money, an old stadium, and no prospects because the crowd boos the team. Let the boos reign until the jokers at Goodison have departed. Massive massive frauds.

Spot on, particularly using Stracuilarsi as an example of how fans will get behind the players.

The atmosphere that is building / has developed is a culmination borne out of frustration at the car crash that we can plainly see unfolding before our eyes. Until something is done to rectify this I can only see things getting much worse.

I agree with a lot of that (not all) despite what I said previously. I accept that it hasn't been good enough from the players or manager for a lot of last season and on Saturday, but the thing that's annoying me is the hysterical outrage and abuse.

I can't agree on us being one of the most tolerant, patient and forgiving crowds though.

Half this crowd wouldn't of seen him play. (boo boys)

Booing players as they come on is a thickos behaviour. Thing about booing is some sets of the support might be booing different things - whether its the taking off of their favourite player - or a perceived waving of the white flag by the manager throwing a couple of defenders on when we are supposed to be looking to get back into or win the game.

None of us are mind readers and I cant begin to fathom the thoughts and feelings of every single supporter in the ground. Booing players before theyve even had a kick makes about as much sense as booing z cars. Lets leave Norway FC to that kind of thing.

Booing Kone was bang out of order. I agree he has been a waste of money since we bought him, i do think he could offer us something this season now he is fit, it will be hard for him knowing that no matter what he does, Lukaku will start - poor form, broken legs, head cut off, martinez will start Lukaku, dont expect them both to play for a run of games either !

The players cant do anything right, not because they are poor - because they certaintly arent ! But because of this tippy tappy stuff they practice every day in training, even on saturday the fans were screaming for Howard to get the ball out wide quickly and he stood there with his arms out telling the players to take it easy, calm down etc. Which brings me again to martinez philosophy of tikka takka BS.

If you truly want to play the passing for passing sake style then you need a keeper with good, quick distribution, Howard offers neither, but martinez wont drop him. Playing two holding midfielders - martinez' call. Playing centre midfielders on the wing - martinez' call.
All in all the booing was wrong but i feel it stems more from frustration at martinez than booing Kone for the sake of it.

Mods: I know this martinez debate has many threads, but the point is the people of fed up of the crap served each week by Martinez, hence the reason people are booing, nothing personal to Kone i would like to think.

Nonsense that, regardless of whether you agree with the philosophy, Howard was too busy screaming at the defneders rather than playing it wide quickly. Martinez encourages play from the back and the keepers are instructed to play it short when possible. CAn't really blame Martinez for Howard being slow, he should have thrown the ball and then said something

Just wanna point out Martinez took a left back off for Kone on the weekend, an attacking move and it paid off hugely. Not saying he's god, but he wasn't scared to go all out for it. Hopefully we can start doing it from minute 90, sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back