Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I do come to back when the good time is here, if there is a bad time I to go to a hide with the men.
le-brasier-ardent-22-mosjoukine-and-lissenko.gif

Oh and Persians.

For a so called "financial expert", that article by Beardwood was really really odd.

Ignored the simple fact that there's no reason whatsoever for him to sell up at Arsenal and buy those shares in Everton, other than to have a major input into a premier league club.

As a qualified accountant (ex Deloitte's), is he duty bound to report any financial irregularities he may notice in past records ?

He can only report reality, not some stupid notion in the heads of a few anti-Kenwright activists. Due diligence will unearth any wrong-doings as would the annual audit which, unsurprisingly considering football is in the public eye, finds nothing untowards. Some agendas are going to be seriously piped down with the new investment. Maybe we can get back to being unified Blues supporting Everton together.

Perhaps I'm being thick, but have read @The Esk post regarding issuing new shares, but although this can be done on an ordinary resolution, no mention of pre-emption rights which I think are enshrined in CA 2006, so if existing shareholders want to take up their rights, they can.
Only other point is that if Prudential can block an issue of shares as seems possible, I imagine that this can be resolved by giving them a lien equivalent to loan settlement amount on the cash proceeds of the issue.
I personally think that class B shares should be issued ranking pari passu as this enables a return on new investment when dividends can be declared as opposed to old passive investment.
But that's just me.

Tellin you lads, Farhad Moshiri is being joined by Alisher Usmanov (and his STG£9.2 Billion fortune) at a later date - That was "The promise of new investment" referred to in the club statement....Hence the quick stash of Arsenal shares on Friday (to allow them to make a move before they lost out to one of the other interested parties). When Usmanov sells all of those shares, it's happening!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back