Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I know the full details have not been released by the club, but surely only Woods/Earl/Kenwright have received money so 49.9% out of around 69% of the club has been bought. That means the £87.5m being paid for a £175m valuation of EFC is lazy journalism. The other shareholders not on the board, as Mr Joe Bearwood said, have not been involved.

Last edited:
Weird thing about that article is that I feel Lukaku is genuinely likely to stay here unless he has an amazing Euros and we get a stupid stupid offer - he's already stressed numerous times about how he wants to be in the Prem next year.

I'd say Stones would be the one most likely to leave.

Would love to keep both of them like.

£100m!!! Christ, I think we've quite literally hit the jackpot! I'd have:
  • £50m or so on a world-class attacker. Think Reus, Oscar, Isco or someone like that. They might want CL football from the get-go so just offer them enormous contracts.
  • £28m on squad players. The ones we have now are god awful, clean all the crocked dross out and get a good squad.
  • Zlatan on a free in case Lukaku goes.
  • £15m on a world-class keeper.
  • The rest on a few youngsters
And with that, the Premier League title will be brought to Merseyside at last!

Weird thing about that article is that I feel Lukaku is genuinely likely to stay here unless he has an amazing Euros and we get a stupid stupid offer - he's already stressed numerous times about how he wants to be in the Prem next year.

That was my opinion as sell prior to the events of the weekend.

Weird thing about that article is that I feel Lukaku is genuinely likely to stay here unless he has an amazing Euros and we get a stupid stupid offer.

Fingers crossed mate but if not the one thing I would trust Boberto with is some cash. I thought he personally splodged about 12m too much on Lukaku but 28m now looks like a superb investment. If he goes or Stones, we will be getting premium dollar and have room to bring in another couple of top drawer players

• £50m or so on a world-class attacker. Think Reus, Oscar, Isco or someone like that. They might want CL football from the get-go so just offer them enormous contracts.
  • £28m on squad players. The ones we have now are god awful, clean all the crocked dross out and get a good squad.
Nice FIFA CM save you got there.

All hearsay mate. Lets all keep level headed.

Ok then lids, say we have his £100m to spend on the squad. Where do we spend it?
CAM/RW/RB/CB is sorted - otherwise why would we keep Ross/Del/Seamus/Stones with big new contracts.
Think we can safely add Rom to that list.

RFM/Jags - Are they good enough to be in a top 4 side?

LB - Would we replace Baines or Oviedo with anyone?

LM/LW - Mirallas still seems ideal here.

GK - Robles is getting a run and is proving himself

Dare I say it...
Replace the manager? Mourinho likes wealthy owners...

I know the full details have not been released by the club, but surely only Woods/Earl/Kenwright have received money so 49.9% out of around 69% of the club have been bought. That means the £87.5m being paid for a £175m valuation of EFC is lazy journalism. The other shareholders not on the board, as Mr Joe Bearwood said, have not been involved.

There's no requirement for them to be involved. The transaction is a transfer of shares between two parties in a private company. It's no different from me selling you 5 shares in Everton.

Fingers crossed mate but if not the one thing I would trust Boberto with is some cash. I thought he personally splodged about 12m too much on Lukaku but 28m now looks like a superb investment. If he goes or Stones, we will be getting premium dollar and have room to bring in another couple of top drawer players

The main thing is that with this investor it means that any funds from a big sale will all go back into the squad - not just a percentage as in the past.

Even before this news, we wouldn't (financially) have had to sell any of our big players due to the TV money. This has just exaggerated that.

I think players like Rom, Stones, Barks etc will see that now and will be committed. The reason I believe Stones is the most likely to go is because if it was City who came into him, it would be hard to turn the lad down when he had an opportunity to work under the world's best manager by far.

We'll see.

The main thing is that with this investor it means that any funds from a big sale will all go back into the squad - not just a percentage as in the past.

Even before this news, we wouldn't (financially) have had to sell any of our big players due to the TV money. This has just exaggerated that.

I think players like Rom, Stones, Barks etc will see that now and will be committed. The reason I believe Stones is the most likely to go is because if it was City who came into him, it would be hard to turn the lad down when he had an opportunity to work under the world's best manager by far.

We'll see.

Agree mate.

These papers are obviously getting their info from somewhere.

Imagine if we sorted our stadium situation out, kept our boss players, and bought more boss players.

All sources seem to point to @The Esk 's point that this initial takeover is just the beginning, before he buys the rest of the club.

In fairness, who could be a better buyer for us than someone who spent years trying to make a positive difference at Arsenal (to not be given a chance to do so). When you have the kind of money he does, I'm sure being a legend to our fans will be worth every penny if he does all of the above.

Calling this exciting would be an understatement. And City won the cup! lol
All good points there Deco...bar the last ....should have been our cup.

Again, not to be cynical, but we will not have £100mil to spend outright this summer.

It's a £100mil investment, supposedly.

The redtops will dress it up as transfers as transfer rumours sell papers.

All it means is that we now - even more so than before especially with the increased TV revenue - have the ability to keep hold of our best players and offer them bigger deals - meaning that if a player does leave then it will be down to footballing reasons and not just the cash offered.

While we won't be paying anyone £200k a week, I'd imagine we'll see our highest earners on around the 100k mark (I believe Rom on £75k is currently the highest).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back