Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The fact that we can even have these discussions is evidence of the complete 180 in the general mood in the last twenty four hours. I'm not totally sold on the truth of the rumors of the 100 million transfer budget, but the fact that the figure isn't even totally out of the question anymore..:D

I have had a smile glued to my face all day. In a blink, everything has changed. Cannot wait to hear more about this mans plans for the club.

Nil satis nisi optimum:celebrate:

The main thing is that with this investor it means that any funds from a big sale will all go back into the squad - not just a percentage as in the past.

Even before this news, we wouldn't (financially) have had to sell any of our big players due to the TV money. This has just exaggerated that.

I think players like Rom, Stones, Barks etc will see that now and will be committed. The reason I believe Stones is the most likely to go is because if it was City who came into him, it would be hard to turn the lad down when he had an opportunity to work under the world's best manager by far.

We'll see.
For me the main thing is long term squad investment, not just this Summer to appease everyone. That is what will keep our young guns excited to stay and attract talent every season for a sustained period of competing for top 4.

Chris Bascombe in the Torygraph, sorry Telegraph stating that Moshiri will fund a new stadium project.

The lads on ToffeeTv being cryptic about the other Arsenal fella, Usmanov, getting involved.

Exciting.

There's no requirement for them to be involved. The transaction is a transfer of shares between two parties in a private company. It's no different from me selling you 5 shares in Everton.

What I am saying is if Moshiri has 49.9% and Earl gave up 24% or just under, Kenwright and Woods lost 25/26% of their 45%. Which points to £87.5m having been paid being an exaggerated figure?

As a qualified accountant (ex Deloitte's), is he duty bound to report any financial irregularities he may notice in past records ?
"An oversight on my part, I think we'll go with the Yanks after all..."
images

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back