Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We'll have to wait for the details but clearly if you buy 49.9% of something valued at £175 million it will cost you £87.5 million?

Do you think there's any chance that he paid a lesser amount for the shares, on the basis that he invests a certain level of capital for the stadium/club as a whole?

For me the main thing is long term squad investment, not just this Summer to appease everyone. That is what will keep our young guns excited to stay and attract talent every season for a sustained period of competing for top 4.

Some people are desperate for a quick fix mate but this squad doesn't really need that.

While the likes of Utd and Liverpool and perhaps even Chelsea need a complete overhaul, we can at least think we don't have to be looking at tweaking too much.

Personally, I feel the following will go (whether retire or leave) in the summer...

Howard, Hibbo, Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Kone.

And, i'm swaying to thinking that one of Stones or Lukaku [more likely Stones in my mind if City come calling - Rom will depend on how the Euros go for him but he's already said he wants to be in the Prem next year]

Some people are desperate for a quick fix mate but this squad doesn't really need that.

While the likes of Utd and Liverpool and perhaps even Chelsea need a complete overhaul, we can at least think we don't have to be looking at tweaking too much.

Personally, I feel the following will go (whether retire or leave) in the summer...

Howard, Hibbo, Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Kone.

And, i'm swaying to thinking that one of Stones or Lukaku [more likely Stones in my mind if City come calling - Rom will depend on how the Euros go for him but he's already said he wants to be in the Prem next year]
Whatever happens its good to know we finally have funds to replace with top players.

No Mate. Why would exiting shareholders subsidise future investment in the club?

The only thing I had in mind was with Kenwright/Woods keeping some shares, it might not be a bad agreement for them in the long run?

I guess realistically it wouldn't work like that - business is business!

No Mate. Why would exiting shareholders subsidise future investment in the club?
I guess the valuation of the club might have reflected the requirement of required capex/investment. A building I buy might have a valuation based on metrics of say 1 million, but if I know it needs a new roof costing 50K, I'm only bidding 950K for it.

Does £175 million seem quite cheap to anyone else? Bearing in mind Lukaku, Barkley and Stones are probably worth the best part of £150 million between them it seems a bit of a bargain.

I'd say the required investment in the stadium and players will probably have been taken into account. The clubs worth x10 what Kenwright paid for it

I guess the valuation of the club might have reflected the requirement of required capex/investment. A building I buy might have a valuation based on metrics of say 1 million, but if I know it needs a new roof costing 50K, I'm only bidding 950K for it.

I agree. I think the valuation of £175 million is a reflection of the amount of capital investment required to bring the club to optimal performance.

My point was if I was exiting I would not accept less than market value. The market value of course reflects the future Capex requirements.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back