Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The absolute dream

The thing is - we haven't had to do this for the last few years (as in sell our best players). That showed with Stones last summer.

It does however show that yes, we can now go and make a big bid for Yarms or the like without (as fans) having to think - that means so and so is leaving.

Call me a cynic, but I do still see one of our big players (Stones/Rom - think Barks and Del are here for good for a few years at least), going this summer.

However, we can now offer them even better deals and that means that at least if they do leave it will be purely for footballing reasons.

Would like to see us, in the next few weeks or so, get Barks tied down on a new four year deal, and at least offer Stones an extention and double his pay. If he stays, great. If not and he goes, we still get £50mil for him easy.

The thing is - we haven't had to do this for the last few years (as in sell our best players). That showed with Stones last summer.

It does however show that yes, we can now go and make a big bid for Yarms or the like without (as fans) having to think - that means so and so is leaving.

Call me a cynic, but I do still see one of our big players (Stones/Rom - think Barks and Del are here for good for a few years at least), going this summer.

However, we can now offer them even better deals and that means that at least if they do leave it will be purely for footballing reasons.

Would like to see us, in the next few weeks or so, get Barks tied down on a new four year deal, and at least offer Stones an extention and double his pay. If he stays, great. If not and he goes, we still get £50mil for him easy.

It would definitely be nice if we start this new era by making a statement with getting new deals lined up for the likes of Stones and Ross.

OMG - the BS is off the charts in tomorrow's papers.

Basically no quotes, nobody knows anything - they can't even agree on how much he paid for his shares.
Random nonsense like 'Moshiri to bankroll £100m spending spree' and how he 'needs to convince the best players to stay'.
The Mirror tried to be snidey as usual and claimed 'insiders' at the club are realistic that Lukaku might 'force a move'.

I guess it beats them outright saying 'Player X is being sold', but it's still a level of sneering at EFC. You can almost sense their distaste at our good fortune and how it might upset their precious status quo.

A lot of these Kopite no-marks like Maddock and Bascombe know nothing. Maddock didn't even know Earl had been bought out in his report last night. Wouldn't believe anything they say.

OMG - the BS is off the charts in tomorrow's papers.

Basically no quotes, nobody knows anything - they can't even agree on how much he paid for his shares.
Random nonsense like 'Moshiri to bankroll £100m spending spree' and how he 'needs to convince the best players to stay'.
The Mirror tried to be snidey as usual and claimed 'insiders' at the club are realistic that Lukaku might 'force a move'.

I guess it beats them outright saying 'Player X is being sold', but it's still a level of sneering at EFC. You can almost sense their distaste at our good fortune and how it might upset their precious status quo.

A lot of these Kopite no-marks like Maddock and Bascombe know nothing. Maddock didn't even know Earl had been bought out in his report last night. Wouldn't believe anything they say.
there was literally no quotes when we got took over mate.

Just because there isn't any quotes doesn't mean the story isn't true.

Doesn't mean it's right either, obviously.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back