Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
"Everton’s chairman saw no point in selling for £200 million and pocketing a richer dividend only for the new occupant to then need a further £200 million to resolve the stadium issue."

Interesting little snippet from the Independent I thought.
God knows there's plenty to criticise Kenwright about. But IF (and it's a big if) some of the stuff we're reading about this deal are true, and IF it plays out as well as we hope it could, it would be hard to argue that he's played an absolute blinder for the club over the last year or so.

This article is also fun.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-farhad-moshiri-7461081#ICID=sharebar_twitter

New Everton shareholder Farhad Moshiri pledges £100m summer investment for transfers
One of the first priorities for the club in the summer will be keeping hold of the likes of John Stones and Ross Barkley before adding to the squad

Getty Images
PRODUCTION-Farhad-Moshiri.jpg

Mosh supplies the dosh: The Iranian businessman will invest a total of £200m into the club
Goodison Park's new major shareholder, the billionaire Farhad Moshiri, is ready to commit millions in the transfer market to make Everton great again.

The Iranian businessman, who has bases in the UK and Monaco, will complete a share purchase by Wednesday, which will see him become the biggest single stakeholder in the club. He will effectively assume control alongside chairman Bill Kenwright, who has retained a stake in the club and will continue in his role.

And Moshiri has pledged “major investment” to not only help build a stadium, but also significantly strengthen the squad, with up to £100million made available to buy – and importantly, keep – players in the summer.

Top of the hit list for the new board, which will see Kenwright continue the impressive work he has done in steering the club he loves, is to keep some of the biggest names such as John Stones, Ross Barkley, Seamus Coleman and Gerard Deulofeu.
Getty Images
AFC-Bournemouth-v-Everton-Premier-League

Bumper: The likes of Ross Barkley and John Stones are set to be offered massive new contracts

They will all be offered massive new contracts, and given a promise there will be a sustained investment in the squad designed to turn the Blues into genuine top four challengers.

While they are also keen to keep Romelu Lukaku, sources within the club suggest there is a sense of realism that he may force a move in the summer... and if that happens, Moshiri will commit a figure big enough to buy a world class replacement.

That investment could amount to £100m eventually, with the former Arsenal stakeholder keen to reinvest the £200m he made form the sale of his shares in the Gunners last week.

He has bought a 49.9 per cent stake in Everton, and the plan is to eventually complete a takeover at Goodison, with a loose agreement in place to look at him buying shares to take a controlling interest in a couple of years.

Moshiri has bought around 17,000 shares in Everton at around £5,000 a share, and with his agreement to pump money in, that will value the club at around £175m.

Alongside Kenwright though, the new stakeholder plans to develop the new ground quickly and pursue a top-four place, to increase that value significantly going forward.

OK it's hard not to get excited now !

There is absolutely no chance of Usmanov coming to Everton.

I would wager that Usmanov will eventually acquire Kroenke's shareholding in Arsenal.
how could he do that when Kroenke doesn't want to let go ? Is it a similar situation as us with BK, who has now sold his shares ? Will Usmanov take over the arse ? Intriguing Esk ta for your insight into these situations xx

These papers are obviously getting their info from somewhere.

Imagine if we sorted our stadium situation out, kept our boss players, and bought more boss players.

All sources seem to point to @The Esk 's point that this initial takeover is just the beginning, before he buys the rest of the club.

In fairness, who could be a better buyer for us than someone who spent years trying to make a positive difference at Arsenal (to not be given a chance to do so). When you have the kind of money he does, I'm sure being a legend to our fans will be worth every penny if he does all of the above.

Calling this exciting would be an understatement. And City won the cup! lol

Best weekend of me life mate. Cant believe we are thinking, hearing, reading and speculating along these lines, on the same day Liverpool lost a penalty shootout in a cup final. We are all in dreamland at the moment, but I think we all just have to be patient. Yes, these stories are coming from somewhere, and all outlets are saying the same thing. I truly believe this guy will end up outright owning the club. Im not certain Usmanov will jump on board but I have a sneaking feeling they are really close friends and business partners that we my be a just a little richer than some are even quoting.

All the news outlets were saying the US consortium were buying us up until about a week ago, they only have the information they are being fed by the club as up until now they generally aren't arsed about us.

I wouldnt read much into anything around investment that's not on the club website for the mo.

I haven't seen the mortgage registration but i'd be surprised if the loan documents restricted further investment from shareholders. As I said, it makes no commercial sense. I'm a banking lawyer and my borrower clients would sack me if their loan documents prevented them putting further money into their companies.
I'm not saying it blocks putting money into the company, my recollection is that the clauses prevent share issue and changes of ownership if they are similar to the other charges created by this structure. It may be that to do either would require the agreement of the trustees as a variation, I honestly don't know
I claim no legal expertise, and may be wrong and if I am I will hold my hands up.
Believe that the esk is meant to be having a look at documentation in his possession tomorrow that will clarify things, so it looks like a wait and see job.

There were quotes when we were taken over. Not much, but actual quotes from Moshiri.

This is just speculative BS that anyone could write. It offers no insight; none of these fellas have any real sources at the club. Maddock wrote a patronising piece last night entitled 'EFC Investment deal explained' that was full of errors and didn't even realise that Robert Earl had been bought out. Bascombe is a bitter Kopite who once wrote a derby match report for the Echo without using the word 'Everton' once. They're whoppers trying to chase a story and make it appear like they know stuff when they don't. A lot of the posters on here know more about what's going on than these guys do.

The likes of Rory Smith (Telegraph), Paul Joyce (Express), Andy Hunter (Guardian), Henry Winter (Times) and Tony Barrett (Times) are the national journos I have time for, not these clowns.
Tony Barrett is a big Red isn't he?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back