Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I first heard about the takeover after being woken up at 4.30am W.A time on Sunday by a drunken text from a mate and thought "ah hes taking the piss" ..then I actually looked and saw he was right, i was so chuffed I figured that a few Sunday morning stubbies were in order :cheers:

God knows there's plenty to criticise Kenwright about. But IF (and it's a big if) some of the stuff we're reading about this deal are true, and IF it plays out as well as we hope it could, it would be hard to argue that he's played an absolute blinder for the club over the last year or so.
I honestly never doubted he would.

Apologies for negativity here. I'll step out of the thread.

I'm not massively concerned when we have good people here who are upbeat (people who know a damn sight more than me about the situation).

I just want more info - like everyone else!
I'm thinking similar. 49.9% is strange. Unless Bill really doesn't want to let go!!

Maybe Bill says more shares when the stadium is sorted?

Who knows!!

Ok then lids, say we have his £100m to spend on the squad. Where do we spend it?
CAM/RW/RB/CB is sorted - otherwise why would we keep Ross/Del/Seamus/Stones with big new contracts.
Think we can safely add Rom to that list.

RFM/Jags - Are they good enough to be in a top 4 side?

LB - Would we replace Baines or Oviedo with anyone?

LM/LW - Mirallas still seems ideal here.

GK - Robles is getting a run and is proving himself

Dare I say it...
Replace the manager? Mourinho likes wealthy owners...

Jose doesn't do long term and doesn't play young players, nah he not for us.

He is, but he's one of the fair ones. I've always found his pieces on football interesting, and he's never took the piss out of Everton in the way Bascombe and Pearce did/do. He did a good job exposing Hicks & Gillett. Just my opinion, maybe others have reasons not to be a fan of his. I remember him being interviewed by Ped on the Radio City Everton Fans show, and he explained why Everton don't get the level of national media coverage that we all think we deserve, mainly due to the London-based editors wanting web hits for stories.

Spot on about Barrett. He used to do a lot of the Liverpool supporters meetings my missus went to. She said he was a top bloke and I've always had time for his journalism. The likes of Bascombe, King and Pearce on the other hand.....well they have a style of writing that panders to the RS masses which probably feeds their ego. Awful journalists, Pearce is as clueless as they come offering no balance and writes like a 9 year old spoilt brat.

Not that the likes or Kirkbride, O'Keefe or Prentice are any better mind!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back