Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He has been great for the club in many ways (the new stadium, clearing debts and getting us much better commercial deals). The transfer issue is on that needs looking at though immidiately, whether its himself or him removing certain people from dealing with them.

We have now had our manager and our star striker question the board in the transfer department.

Lukaku's comments tonight have vindicated @davek opinion of Moshiri.

Now, Lukaka and Dave might both be wrong about him but......they are saying the same thing.

His big talk and ambitions for our club are a mirage.
I just feel he has had a very easy ride from most when he's done very little. As you pointed out earlier, it took Koeman to have a go at him to get Schneiderlin in. He is not cutting muster here. Hopefully RLs intervention tonight will put pressure on him to start acting rather than briefing clowns like Anderosn and White to make him look good whilst doing f.a.

We finished 4th with Moyes and got our record total with El Fraudo

Neither of which we will manage in this wonderful new Moshiri year you are bleating about.

So stop, admit you're wrong and think about it.

This season sure, but why not eclipse that next or the one after etc.? All I'm saying is the scope and potential are there for the next step and that's pretty obvious whether people want to be impatient because Mata isn't ours and we haven't agreed the docks yet.

It's called a ceiling.
Yup and for us that ceiling has been getting steadily lower. It used to be set at 5th, now it's set at 7th. Clubs like Spurs have overtaken us on and off the pitch in that time and, so far, nothing has changed to arrest that at the club. I hope that changes soon but there has been little concrete evidence to support that thesis. For example, how on earth are Bill and Bob still involved in the day to day running of this club?

Yup and for us that ceiling has been getting steadily lower. It used to be set at 5th, now it's set at 7th. Clubs like Spurs have overtaken us on and off the pitch in that time and, so far, nothing has changed to arrest that at the club. I hope that changes soon but there has been little concrete evidence to support that thesis. For example, how on earth are Bill and Bob still involved in the day to day running of this club?

I'm guessing as Moshiri is still under 50% ownership he has no say in what role Bill and Elstone serve. He's transitioned in instead of wiping everything out and bringing in 100% of his own people.

Peel have underlined today that we're stil at a very early stage in developing a plan. One year I to the Kenwright era and we had a scheme up and running for the Kings Dock....we should judge Moshiri on that.
i don't think we should be using the time frame from an abject failure of a project as a benchmark for this project.
Very early stage or not, end of early stage or mid stage, whatever stage, if its progressing and progressing to a completion none of us here really know. We can all comment upon what we think is a reasonable time frame for things to happen but that is pure 100% conjecture. Using the failed KD time frame to comment upon the time frame for this project is somewhat flawed.

It's about looking at facts rather than rhetoric.

That summer window was an absolute disaster, littered with panic buys only when we got the money from Stones. And January - when we'd "fix it" apparently - saw one good signing, made after the manager threw a mini tantrum in a presser.

I have absolutely no idea why people are over-the-top optimistic on Moshiri. He's done next to nothing yet - it's all words. The stadium deal is close, big transfers are close, Lukaku's contract is close - always close, no actual cigar as of yet.

After Kenwright, you'd think caution would be the buzzword for Evertonians with any potential charlatan running the club, but it appears not.
Spot on, judge on what happens & nothing else. For me the writing was on the wall when we only spent money in the summer after we sold Stones & we made it clear that Koeman was our top target. Both showed limited ambition.

It's about looking at facts rather than rhetoric.

That summer window was an absolute disaster, littered with panic buys only when we got the money from Stones. And January - when we'd "fix it" apparently - saw one good signing, made after the manager threw a mini tantrum in a presser.

I have absolutely no idea why people are over-the-top optimistic on Moshiri. He's done next to nothing yet - it's all words. The stadium deal is close, big transfers are close, Lukaku's contract is close - always close, no actual cigar as of yet.

After Kenwright, you'd think caution would be the buzzword for Evertonians with any potential charlatan running the club, but it appears not.
It's like when it was revealed the long term debt had been paid off by Moshiri. You'd think it was a gift to hear his legion of fans. That is merely the same debt in different form that the club will pay him back.

Unreal how even that was cheered to the rafters.

The feller has had an unbelievable long honeymoon period doing f.a. and getting feted for it. Well that ends now hopefully.

I'm guessing as Moshiri is still under 50% ownership he has no say in what role Bill and Elstone serve. He's transitioned in instead of wiping everything out and bringing in 100% of his own people.
So if, as you say, Moshiri has no say in the senior roles in the club then the good news regarding preliminary progress on the BMD stadium is down to Bill and Ben? Or is it just the bad stuff that's down to them and the good stuff is all Farhad?

i don't think we should be using the time frame from an abject failure of a project as a benchmark for this project.
Very early stage or not, end of early stage or mid stage, whatever stage, if its progressing and progressing to a completion none of us here really know. We can all comment upon what we think is a reasonable time frame for things to happen but that is pure 100% conjecture. Using the failed KD time frame to comment upon the time frame for this project is somewhat flawed.
It only failed because Kenwright opposed the financial package required by us at our end. The scheme was a success, we had the KD in the bag.

It's like when it was revealed the long term debt had been paid off by Moshiri. You'd think it was a gift to hear his legion of fans. That is merely the same debt in different form that the club will pay him back.

Unreal how even that was cheered to the rafters.

The feller has had an unbelievable long honeymoon period doing f.a. and getting feted for it. Well that ends now hopefully.
Interest loan to a non interest loan. Most owners in his position do the same. Did you just expect him to come in, buy his shares and then just throw away £80m pounds to make us more secure?

It's a business for him, not a vanity project like Abramovic or Mansor. He is trying to make us into a well run business and he is showing signs of that. It hasn't even been a year yet.

But yeah, let's just be annoyed that he hasn't just pissed money up the wall. That worked so well for Leeds and Portsmouth.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back