Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Interest loan to a non interest loan. Most owners in his position do the same. Did you just expect him to come in, buy his shares and then just throw away £80m pounds to make us more secure?

It's a business for him, not a vanity project like Abramovic or Mansor. He is trying to make us into a well run business and he is showing signs of that. It hasn't even been a year yet.

But yeah, let's just be annoyed that he hasn't just pissed money up the wall. That worked so well for Leeds and Portsmouth.
Just to expand the loan point - unsecured interest free loan and actually ranks behind football related debt if God forbid the club was ever to be wound up.
Couldn't even take a repayment of part of it for fear of being viewed as creating a preference

To be honest will Everton be bothered if he goes? Probably not as they are set for a big pay day. The ambition or lack of that the board have shown me over the years suggest money is more important than success

My disappointment in Mosh's lack of investment in the playing staff is not borne from a perception of obligation. He's not obligated to provide £1.
It's borne from expectation that was whipped up from the start with massive war chest hype and claims of £60m bids.
I'm very grateful for the undeniably positive impact he's had but no one likes being taken for a fool.

Maybe i'm easily impressed but. I thought Moshiri struck a great deal with USM, I thought he was quick to act on the redevelopment of Goodison, A new waterfront stadium looking closer than ever (not a kirby project from the other lot in charge), A great strengthening with Koeman (from previous managers) & Walsh.
That's a pretty good "honeymoon" if you ask me.

My disappointment in Mosh's lack of investment in the playing staff is not borne from a perception of obligation. He's not obligated to provide £1.
It's borne from expectation that was whipped up from the start with massive war chest hype and claims of £60m bids.
I'm very grateful for the undeniably positive impact he's had but no one likes being taken for a fool.

In fairness, that hype was mostly media-generated.

Most Blues realised that we weren't going to do a Man City.

Just going to throw this one out there, and I know it won't be popular:
21 November 1996 was the last time there was a capital injection into our club. It was 15mil. Let that sink in please and at that point you may just appreciate why the mighty have fallen.

Incredible really.

As an aside, £15million wouldn't get you a decent Championship player these days.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back