Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Which insults have I hurled at Moshiri exactly? I've questioned his billionaire 'taking us to the next level' status, yes. I cant say I remember anything outside of that.

Funny though that Kenwright took a lot of stick off most of us but that was ok apparently - no censure then. I tell you what though, if Kenwright had trundled forward with a plan that gave effective control over our finances to a city council and hedge funds for a couple of generations, as this one does, the screams would have been merciless.

For me, this feller is getting way too much of an easy ride at Everton. Closer scrutiny of all he does is the only healthy way forward, imo. That doesn't mean opposition, btw. Just a continual critique and to question all he does and look for the benefits to EFC as opposed to him.

At the end of the day these people are nothing. They come and they go. Same with Moores. The trick is to hold their feet to the fire. The Kopites for all their sins do that very well and so too have Evertonians in the past as per Johnson's time here. If we dont mark every move they make we just lay ourselves open to be another one of those victim clubs that can get swindled and face extinction. They're fans get no sympathy from me if they were mugs enough to fall for the 'knight in shining armour'.
Still harping on with your own agenda... not actually looking at facts... and as usual not answering posts you cant argue against.

I will say again, exactly who do you think should pay for Everton's new home dave? Moshiri or Everton? I for one think Everton should pay for it, as it will be an asset in the future... You say in this post that people come and go as owners... yes thats very true... and this one will leave his legacy behind in a new stadium... funded in such a way that Everton, as they should, actually pay for it in an affordable way that will still make us competitive on the pitch.

For me, he is setting up Everton for the future, far far far more than Kenwright ever did, when all we really did was tread water. I have zero problem Moshiri actually not dipping into his pocket to pay for the stadium, or exposing himself to the risk as you say, its Everton's stadium, so they should bare the risk as he is simply not rich enough to pay for ii himself.

Dave, you referred to him as a 'no mark' - is that not some kind of insult?

You seem intent on looking at everything from as negative a standpoint as possible and that is your prerogative but, to insult the man is unnecessary.

You are correct in that previous derogatory remarks towards other board members haven't been jumped upon, that may change.
Criticism of an entity e.g. The Board will likely be permitted, however personal insults and abuse towards named individuals has been discussed in Mod Central Office and such posts might become liable to scrutiny/moderation.
No mark owner means he's done nothing here yet. And despite your long list of achievements (which for the most part are tasks carried out by anyone calling the shots at a football club) we have nothing to show yet for his time here.

I'm not completely hostile to him. I've always said he'd get a stadium done, and I dont see any reason to believe the scheme as just rolled out wont go through. But the major 'success' he's credited with is a buying up of club debt which he now has in his name and the club owe him. The expected fireworks in the transfer market haven't happened.

I have to underline that Moshiri needs to be scrutinised as his every move is one that has a dual outcome: one for him and one for us. They can overlap, of course, but not always. It's good governance to have checks and balances.

No mark owner means he's done nothing here yet. And despite your long list of achievements (which for the most part are tasks carried out by anyone calling the shots at a football club) we have nothing to show yet for his time here.

I'm not completely hostile to him. I've always said he'd get a stadium done, and I dont see any reason to believe the scheme as just rolled out wont go through. But the major 'success' he's credited with is a buying up of club debt which he now has in his name and the club owe him. The expected fireworks in the transfer market haven't happened.

I have to underline that Moshiri needs to be scrutinised as his every move is one that has a dual outcome: one for him and one for us. They can overlap, of course, but not always. It's good governance to have checks and balances.

bbxo_f-maxage-0.gif

At the end of the day these people are nothing. They come and they go. Same with Moores. The trick is to hold their feet to the fire. The Kopites for all their sins do that very well and so too have Evertonians in the past as per Johnson's time here. If we dont mark every move they make we just lay ourselves open to be another one of those victim clubs that can get swindled and face extinction. They're fans get no sympathy from me if they were mugs enough to fall for the 'knight in shining armour'.

This is actually quite good, but look at it from the flip side for a second and it may give an answer to why Moshiri is good for us. If we live within our means you don't go through boom and bust, a lot of these clubs have problems when the owner says enough is enough the money stops flowing and all of a sudden the club runs at a massive loss, running up 'bad' debt that requires ever more interest and income is just wasted.

If we run the club like an accountant would, steady sustainable growth, building up a little rainy day fund, there will be much less chance of the club going pop. I would guess it is more likely subsequent owners will follow that blueprint and we'll be on firm footings. Moshiri isn't afraid to spend but we are not going to just flush the cash down the toilet.

The doomsday scenario with Moshiri is that he is just here at Usmanov's request to show you can build a stadium and improve as a team at the same time. If we overtake Arsenal then the fam/blud crew may get rabid and kick start a revolution at the Emirates, overthrowing the Kroenke axis and installing Usmanov as king.

If that was the case does Moshiri sell up here to join his friend? But even in this outlandish nightmare i still think he would put us down gently, i.e. the USM sponsorship money would still flow until contracts are due for renewal and he wouldn't just hand us over to asset strippers/hedge funds like the RS owners.

So the achievements I listed were 'carried out by anyone calling the shots' - isn't Moshiri calling those shots at Everton?
The answer is yes and therefore absolves him from your 'no mark' reference.

You're not completely hostile to him - well, thank heavens for that, because I can't imagine how your full ire would read.

You list his success in speech marks inferring it's barely worthy of a raised eyebrow. Surely to have cleared the clubs bank debts albeit now as an interest free personal loan with no time frame attached is no mean feat.

As for any expected fireworks in the transfer market, I would suggest the transfer activity since he took the helm could be considered the initial blue touch paper fuse and sparklers... the hors d'ouvre - before the main spectacular show commences. We couldn't go gung-ho crazy right off the bat, squad strengthening will, I suggest, be done in accordance with the requirements outlined and requested by the manager and DoF.

You are quite correct that he should be scrutinised as should anybody in a position such as his, I doubt he would expect anything less himself, the checks and balances you refer to are indeed good governance.

You've been on here a lot today Dave, I hope you have had time to enjoy the sunshine and weekend?

Which insults have I hurled at Moshiri exactly? I've questioned his billionaire 'taking us to the next level' status, yes. I cant say I remember anything outside of that.

Funny though that Kenwright took a lot of stick off most of us but that was ok apparently - no censure then. I tell you what though, if Kenwright had trundled forward with a plan that gave effective control over our finances to a city council and hedge funds for a couple of generations, as this one does, the screams would have been merciless.

For me, this feller is getting way too much of an easy ride at Everton. Closer scrutiny of all he does is the only healthy way forward, imo. That doesn't mean opposition, btw. Just a continual critique and to question all he does and look for the benefits to EFC as opposed to him.

What are you talking about? That's would only happen if we were to go bust, which is never gonna happen. We have a shirt sponsor and FF that covers the next 5 years straight away, they will likely get improved to another 5 years, we also have to put aside 3 years of payments from the off.

Once the stadium built we will make at least 1 mil per game, even if we got relegated to the Championship we still earn that, we will always have at least 40k season ticket holders paying around 300 each, that 12 mil right there. Plus it will be used for concerts and so on making extra millions a year.

The council will NEVER control our finances even if the sky money falls through which is very very unlikely

What are you talking about? That's would only happen if we were to go bust, which is never gonna happen. We have a shirt sponsor and FF that covers the next 5 years straight away, they will likely get improved to another 5 years, we also have to put aside 3 years of payments from the off.

Once the stadium built we will make at least 1 mil per game, even if we got relegated to the Championship we still earn that, we will always have at least 40k season ticket holders paying around 300 each, that 12 mil right there. Plus it will be used for concerts and so on making extra millions a year.

The council will NEVER control our finances even if the sky money falls through which is very very unlikely
It's for 40 years mate. Not the next 5.

We have no idea at this stage what will happen to this industry. Let me remind you that if you turn the clock back 40 years football in Britain was on its arse - commercially pathetic and socially a pariah.

Apart from clearing the debt via investing £80m of his own cash onto the balance sheet

Pushing ahead with the most expensive and complicated stadium option, that never would have happened under Kenwright.

Negotiating a deal for the land, and keeping the council onboard to the extent that they're facilitating the low interest financing.

In 12 months......

Governance? lol What you're offering here isn't 'governance' it's sniping and failing to acknowledge the massive positives he's brought since his arrival.

We have no idea at this stage what will happen to this industry. Let me remind you that if you turn the clock back 40 years football in Britain was on its arse - commercially pathetic and socially a pariah.
I just pointed out were covered for 10 years an the odds are, if we improve on the pitch and win things we will pay it off earlier.

Why worry about the next 40 years, let's just enjoy the fact we are FINALLY moving from Goodison to a brand new stadium on the docks.

Firstly, those days will never return, but to play along with this daft idea, if they did, every team in the league that operated on a commercial basis would go pop.

Firstly, those days will never return, but to play along with this daft idea, if they did, every team in the league that operated on a commercial basis would go pop.
Why is why FM is making us self sustaining in case the worst was to happen, which again is unlikely possible but unlikely, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it

The TV money will increase.
Once the Sky deal expires others will be prepared to pay a lot more to get a piece of the PL
Dont be surprised to see BT,Google,Apple etc bidding for the next contract

In terms of what was promised, farhad's regime has been less than what was expected, I can see Daveks POV in being underwhelmed.

However, this is the man who has cleared £80m of the debts, brought in a new manager, sacking the old one, managed to rob Walsh who is highly regarded and also assistant manager to the league champions, laid the foundations to a new stadium (some will say that's the hardest part) and managed to touch up Goodison from the outside, whilst managing to bribe the council and skysports via jim white lol

Of course im still waiting for the marquee signing, im still waiting for Rooney to return home, but for the first time in 20 odd years, im excited that we may no longer be standing still, that we may actually win something in my lifetime. That IMO is priceless. :drunk:

Apart from clearing the debt via investing £80m of his own cash onto the balance sheet

Pushing ahead with the most expensive and complicated stadium option, that never would have happened under Kenwright.

Negotiating a deal for the land, and keeping the council onboard to the extent that they're facilitating the low interest financing.

In 12 months......

Governance? lol What you're offering here isn't 'governance' it's sniping and failing to acknowledge the massive positives he's brought since his arrival.

• Invested £80M to clear the debt? No, he now holds Everton's debt which will have to be paid.

• Most expensive and complicated stadium option. I certainly wouldn't argue over the complicated part. Labyrinthine is probably a better word for it though.

• Keeping the council on board. No mate, under said labyrinthine plan the council would not be 'on board' they'd be steering the ship with control over the club's finances for two generations.

Let's put it this way, if someone over 12 months ago had come in to buy the club and stated they'd get a stadium built that wouldn't be Everton's for 40 years, and a council acting as go-between for the club and hedge funds and pension funds held the club's cash...and released it only when they and institutional investors were satisfied, there would have been uproar.

So what we've seen over the last 12 months is a campaign of spin to portray Moshiri as a safe pair of hands who can be trusted to make the right (very long term) decision with the club's destiny in mind. Personally I dont see how that spin has worked given the lack of substantial activity thats preceded all this, but many do seem to have fallen for it.

This feller and his plans need to be watched. The risk involved in this scheme is not to be borne by him. That needs undelining and front and centre in all analysis over this proposed stadium move.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back