Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Don't all clubs essentially sell to buy? No one has limitless pot of money. This is a business not just a sport after all.
No.

There's a difference between sell and buy, and sell to buy. All teams 'trade' by selling some players and buying others, but what people are concerned about is a model where you are only able to buy after you have sold. It's very different.

I'm not saying we're doing it by the way, just explaining the difference.

Wait... So because lukaku is going (which he was anyway) moshri is now a fraud? lol lol lol even tho - we have a better manager than we have had under him and a stadium on the horizon That we need... But no he's a fraud you utter gang of fools. Davek is the Theresa may of this forum - brainwashing you with his rinse and repeat tactics.

Moshiri is hear to make a profit but we will benefit with the improvements internally and externally.

Losing Lukaku, Stones and Barkley within his first two years doesn't look good though.

Wait... So because lukaku is going (which he was anyway) moshri is now a fraud? lol lol lol even tho - we have a better manager than we have had under him and a stadium on the horizon That we need... But no he's a fraud you utter gang of fools. Davek is the Theresa may of this forum - brainwashing you with his rinse and repeat tactics.
Wrong and Unstable.

I have to admit I am starting to come round to @davek way of thinking on this... Didn't start out as my position, but i am slowly starting to think differently.
£87M in the bank from Lukaku's sale - THEN we'll start buying players.

Did anyone ever think that wouldn't be the case deep down?

Lol.

I don't agree with @davek on the manager front, Koeman is a good manager and Martinez was awful, but I sadly do think he is right on Moshiri.

Nothing he has done suggests we will start challenging for titles. It seems very much sell to buy.

I originally thought the SPV for the stadium was a tool to allow us to have significant investment in the team, but it now just seems like a tool for him to never have to put significant money into the club to allow it to progress.

Gets a stadium on the cheap and flogs us on for massive profit, or worse, sits there just raking in the television money like Kenwright has done.

I don't agree with @davek on the manager front, Koeman is a good manager and Martinez was awful, but I sadly do think he is right on Moshiri.

Nothing he has done suggests we will start challenging for titles. It seems very much sell to buy.

I originally thought the SPV for the stadium was a tool to allow us to have significant investment in the team, but it now just seems like a tool for him to never have to put significant money into the club to allow it to progress.

Gets a stadium on the cheap and flogs us on for massive profit, or worse, sits there just raking in the television money like Kenwright has done.

If that was the case kenwright woudnt of bothered to sell his shares. So for people who clearly can't see the improvement we have had under moshri I give up.

£87M in the bank from Lukaku's sale - THEN we'll start buying players.

Did anyone ever think that wouldn't be the case deep down?
It's more a case of not purchasing players until we know what we have and need. If lukaku goes we need another main striker rather than buying a back up now.

The fate of John Stones and Romelu Lukaku was already sealed long before Moshiri became the majority shareholder. We can't possibly hold him responsible for their departures. I'm won't mention Barkley because everything is just conjecture at the moment.

Last summer was seen as a PR disaster because the players we were linked with (Witzel, Mata, Sissoko etc) didn't come to fruition. Moshiri stated that he didn't want a repeat of that summer transfer window. I can see the club keeping its cards close to its chest during this window meaning we won't hardly get a sniff of who we are signing.

This is Moshiri's first full summer transfer window with Koeman and Walsh fully integrated, and aware of what the team needs. The least we can do before passing judgement on this fella is wait until the transfer window is closed. If we don't see progress at that point, then you can start moaning.

He is what he is: an outsider here to make money off EFC. Tell me how that makes him any different to the other spivs we've had for years?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back