Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I don't think he will turn up here but the only reasonable reason that he would follow moshini I can think of is...

They have been thinking about getting out of arsenal for a while and thought about Everton say 18 months ago. And kept thinking about it until it looked like the yanks where dotting the i's forcing them to make a desision so they hedged the bet one goes makes sure you can actually get control the other stays. Now usmanov either goes all out to buy arsenal (which he's tried many times and failed) or he finds anyone but kronkea (or even better his worst nightmare) to buy his arsenal shares and joins his mate here.

Usmanov has said publicly he will not be disposing of his Arsenal interests, he's just confirmed that with a further £200 million purchase.

The Americans dropped out of the equation when it became clear that Bill wished to, and was able to continue some involvement in Everton.

Without sounding as though I'm having a pop....aren't you doing the same by going on there reading their drivel and then writing about it on here? Stop worrying about them mate, enjoy the Blue ride.

Not worrying about them in the slightest. It's only fair to acknowledge their jealousy. They're trying sooooo hard to find ways to reassure themselves that this will in no way threaten their position.

If Kroenke wants Red & White Holdings and Usmanov wants Everton why didn't Usmanov and Moshiri just sell R&W to Kroenke and then both pitch up at Goodison buying us outright with their £400 million?

I think the situation at Arsenal could get very interesting this summer. Kroenke appears not to be too interested in winning trophies, but rather will invest just enough to maintain Arsenal's status quo - particularly Champions League participation - whilst maximising his asset value and return on investment. In Wenger he has a manager who seems willing to go along with this. For Usmanov to have any chance of gaining control at Arsenal he needs this dynamic to change and for a real ground-swell of anti-board fever to materialise. Should Arsenal fail to win the league this year and, God forbid from an Arsenal perspective, Spurs should win it then that stands a real chance of happening. Can you imagine the fume from within their fan base? At that point Wenger would become a dead man walking as far as I can see. A change of manager to one less acquiescent to the owner/board's strategy could further undermine Kroenke. If at that point there is no sign of Kroenke looking to cash in or give Usmanov a direct role on the board then I think Usmanov could cash in as he will never get a better set of circumstances to get what he wants - which I am assuming is ownership or board representation as a minimum. From then on investment in Everton may not look like too bad an option.

Usmanov will not get what he wants at Arsenal, he will never have any control there.

Now Moshini has clearly realised this, and decided to buy us so he can run a club how he would have liked to have done at Arsenal.

The big question is will Usmanov join him here, is this purchase the first phase of them both moving away from Arsenal?

Logic tells me Usmanov could be looking to follow Moshini out of Arsenal, there is no future at Arsenal for him, it is Kroenke's club, they have had a plan to buy into Arsenal and try and get control there and it has failed.

This for me is the plan. I expect Usmanov to keep hold of the shares until a best price arrives, then he moves in with Moshiri and makes zillions........

Happy to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure I will not be.

Regardless Moshiri will more than transform our club to where we want it to be - great times ahead for Blues.

Whilst you are the top dog with financial stuff mate (and I bow to that as I know nought) surely Usmanov is a matter of guessing motivation and personal ambition? In other words, can any of us really profess to know what some stonking rich Oligarch will do?

You're right in that either way we should be excited. Going from BK to Moshiri is brilliant and anyone craving Usmanov too is being greedy. But who knows.

To be fair mate, I really don't think that's even a possibility with us. We've got, in my view, just as a strong a first XI if not stronger than both of those teams and we're spent a fraction of the money. All we have to do is continue spending well and we'll overtake them.

Agree completely that we won't waste it like them pair of blurts....but suggesting a little bit of caution so as we don't feel totally let down if Messi, Lewandowski and Zlatan aren't here for pre-season.

Not worrying about them in the slightest. It's only fair to acknowledge their jealousy. They're trying sooooo hard to find ways to reassure themselves that this will in no way threaten their position.

If you had financial superiority for years and did sweet f.a with it only to find that your poorer neighbours matched your performances on the whole. So how would you feel if said poorer neighbours suddenly have a level playing field.

Hence all the fume on RAWK as they now realise that squad wise we match them and now have the chance to push on while they been going backwards

the reality seems to hit them like the wind on a cold day

If Kroenke wants Red & White Holdings and Usmanov wants Everton why didn't Usmanov and Moshiri just sell R&W to Kroenke and then both pitch up at Goodison buying us outright with their £400 million?
Usmanov has said publicly he will not be disposing of his Arsenal interests, he's just confirmed that with a further £200 million purchase.

The Americans dropped out of the equation when it became clear that Bill wished to, and was able to continue some involvement in Everton.

I agree that's why I said I don't think he well come here. But I just think usmanov would love to get one over on kreonke either buy buying him out or showing him what could have been.

Selling his r and w holdings may have been easy to kreonke but maybe he dislikes the man so much he doesn't want to sell to him thus taking longer to find a buyer?

I'll stick with moshi though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back