Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Whilst I'm all for excitement this guy isn't going to bankroll us, he's worth less than both Short and Ashley who own clubs in the bottom 3. Also Kenwright being around will also be a hindrance in that if he does invest in the playing squad and Martinez continues to underachieve, I can't imagine Moshiri having the support to sack and gamble elsewhere.

All in all whilst this is a positive step forward, all this talk of the kopites suddenly being our bitches is wide off, we are at best gonna be slightly behind/just about equal them in terms of stadium/spending power not exceed them like city have with Utd, that would only be if Usmanov came on board.

To be fair mate, I really don't think that's even a possibility with us. We've got, in my view, just as a strong a first XI if not stronger than both of those teams and we're spent a fraction of the money. All we have to do is continue spending well and we'll overtake them.

Aye, it's all well and good having money, it's a whole different skill set getting true value from your spending.

Reading through this thread the last couple of days got me thinking about the documented evidence of how the majority who get lucky and win the lottery have usually spent it all, and within a few years are broke again.

You guys make me laugh :cheers:

The Usmanov Question - why he won't be buying into Everton

The Premier League is real estate with a limited number of properties (clubs). Few investors can access this market, and most of the desirable properties have already been acquired. Clearly Usmanov is a big fan of the Premier League, has committed resources to it and wishes to increase that exposure. Similarly Moshiri is of the same opinion.

How do they both achieve their aims of increasing their investment exposure to the Premier League? Arguably a week ago the answer was to hope for Kroenke to sell his majority holding in Arsenal to Red and White Holdings, however given this is unlikely to happen in the near time, and the desire is to increase exposure now how do they achieve this?

Red and White holdings provides Usmanov and Moshiri with approximately £400 million worth of exposure to the Premier League between them. By Moshiri selling to Usmanov, Usmanov increases his exposure to £400 million. Moshiri in the meantime switches his exposure from Arsenal to a more risky but with higher growth potential investment in Everton.

Result - their combined exposure (I'm not saying they're working together, far from it, just from an asset allocation position) has increased by 50%, Usmanov now has a larger interest in his beloved Arsenal and Moshiri has a higher growth potential investment in Everton and he's running the show.

So, for Usmanov to buy Everton he would now have to sell his enlarged position in Arsenal, and reduce his exposure to the Premier League and Moshiri would lose control of his own football club, something we believe has been an ambition for a long time.

From a business perspective, this makes sensible reading.

From our Evertonian perspective, let's hope you're wrong as M&U in tandem at the Grand Old Lady with BK as the public spokesperson/speech maker would be a bit good :)

Whether or not he is going to bankroll us (which I think will to rather large degree to start with to ensure publicity and keep our stars happy), he seems a good business man which can transform us into a business, not a toy. We don't need sheiks, we need solid financial ground, and that is exactly what we got. I love Kenwrights heart (though he is no saint either), and now we have an investor who can at least put us level with Stoke and West Ham.

You can cut a sheep many times, but only skin it once, which is why I think Mr.Moshiri will transform us into a sound financial company, with a new stadium, and I guarantee he will bring us a larger transfer kitty than what old Bill could.

It is EXACTLY what we need, and what we should want.

This is a very important time in the club's history and it's extremely encouraging to see a pukka billionaire as our major shareholder. While it's great to speculate on what COULD happen, let's keep at least one foot on the ground for now.
There has been no takeover and no investment to date, but if Mr Moshiri has paid this much money for his share certificates then he must believe he can generate significant income from his purchase. This can only be good news for Evertonians, but please don't be too impatient and let's see a) who sold their shares; b) how much he really paid for them and c) what he plans to do.
Exciting times though - the last time we were the millionaires (pre-inflationary times) was in the era of the real John Moores. And that wasn't too bad was it?

If Kroenke wants Red & White Holdings and Usmanov wants Everton why didn't Usmanov and Moshiri just sell R&W to Kroenke and then both pitch up at Goodison buying us outright with their £400 million?

I don't know. The whole thing looks a gradual process, who knows what the future holds. I'm just not going to say that something definitely won't happen because it could.

Some of the shouts on rawk, they have spunked so much money and got nowhere they genuinely don't see Everton getting a billionaire owner as something to shout about. They probably think we need 2 billion on the squad alone to do better than them. They have been conditioned into thinking spending a few hundred million on a team only makes you europa hopefuls.

Or else thier just very very bitter.

One Billionaire with 63% ownership not wanting to sell to another Billioinaire with 30% ownership. Sooner or later somethings got to give and either you're right Usmanov will get Kroenke's shares or he decides to get involved somewhere else.

Moshiri and Usmanov have been partners a long time. It could be that Moshiri wants his own gig but I have a feeling there may be some involvlement with Usmanov in the future.

There wont Mick, as I keep telling you, listen to me Friend.

Why cant you just be happy with 1 billionare? I bet you wanted the yanks.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back