Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
admit it, you'd have to laugh if he completely asset stripped us in the summer, got his money back plus fifty m in player sales, and we dropped like a stone.
you'd have to hold your hand up and say, 'fair play, we've been done like a kipper'
Luckily only gangsters pull stuff like that, and our new owner has been working for a russian oligarch for the last 20 years, which is a completely different thing entirely.
Jesus wept....

You make davek sound like a bleeding optimist

Yep we don't need Euromillions we just need to keep the ones we've got from leaving and add a key piece or two.

I would say our current squad is way ahead of where Manchester City was when their ship came in.

Seriously, there is nowt to stop us getting involved in the title race as soon as next season, given a couple of top quality players to augment the current team.

The optimism from Martinez is exciting, which is weird because he could be optimistic about a dump in his shoe.

But he isn't playing it down at all. He knows this is a game changer, and it really has to be. I've been saying for a while that we aren't far away, and in theory this investment should fill the gap. Anything is possible now.

I can't stop reading this thread and sporadically posting insanely positive things too, so don't mind me.

Sky's the limit.

Sky's the limit.
I'll settle for top four inside two seasons and a cup... champions in 4-5 years would be ace... and then a trophy of some nature every other year.
Total domination would be great, but could become tiresome and breed the kind of self-centred, one-eyed sense of entitlement that exudes from the RS like sweat from a Turkish wrestlers jockstrap.

The one thing we shouldn't expect is miracles straight away, but have an overhaul of the club's marketing strategy, continue discussions about a new ground/Goodison re-developement, hold on to as may of our top players as possible, and identify which positions in the squad need strengthening. We shouldn't have to throw money at possible signings as the RS have done with very little return. Obviously we will not know what the long term plan is until Moshiri makes his views known but at the moment it is great to be cautiously optimistic, and will do a lot to unite our fans behind the club - onwards and upwards Blues !!

Don't mean to be a killjoy regarding yesterdays win for Man City, but we SHOULD have beaten them in the semi. Can you imagine yesterday if it was US that beat the s**** on penalties??? TAHT would have been the proverbial icing on the cake!

LOL. Just sayin. As much as I enjoyed everything that happened in the last 48 hours or so, Im and Everton fan, and we were close to Wembley, and wanted us to be there yesterday!

FA Cup will do - I think we win that now.

I would say our current squad is way ahead of where Manchester City was when their ship came in.

Seriously, there is nowt to stop us getting involved in the title race as soon as next season, given a couple of top quality players to augment the current team.

The big, big, big question hinges on the Number One goalie.
Is Joel Robles up to it or do we try and lure a top goalie from elsewhere with Joel being our domestic cup goalie and back-up?

I'll settle for top four inside two seasons and a cup... champions in 4-5 years would be ace... and then a trophy of some nature every other year.
Total domination would be great, but could become tiresome and breed the kind of self-centred, one-eyed sense of entitlement that exudes from the RS like sweat from a Turkish wrestlers jockstrap.

...er.....Block.....you are forgetting a small but very important fact.

Anno Domini, my son :(

It is a toss up whether some of us will still be around in five years.......so that title had better come quickly or I will personally fly a plane over the new stadium demanding we get the Persian out :mad:

Wake me up I must be dreaming, we get taken over by a billionaire the same weekend kopites lose a cup final ....
Mwa ah ah ah ha ha ha ha ha

I know mate, we suddenly have a platinum pot to piss in and they lose a pot ON PENALTIES, something ain't right...
scared-baby-2.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back