Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Usmanov will not get what he wants at Arsenal, he will never have any control there.

Now Moshini has clearly realised this, and decided to buy us so he can run a club how he would have liked to have done at Arsenal.

The big question is will Usmanov join him here, is this purchase the first phase of them both moving away from Arsenal?

Logic tells me Usmanov could be looking to follow Moshini out of Arsenal, there is no future at Arsenal for him, it is Kroenke's club, they have had a plan to buy into Arsenal and try and get control there and it has failed.
Please stop calling him Moshini......sounds like a coffee or expensive Italian shoe

The single most important aspect in this takeover for me is the perception of our club now.

Key to us growing as a club is to turn into winners.

From everything from media perception to players perception of us, this takeover will instantly lift us.

Do you think it has a completely positive effect on the players already at the club ?

I see it as a bonus that those in search of the big pay days may be able to realise that here and those that need to buck their ideas up a bit will have to because we may be in a much better position to replace them - but will they really want to get on board with the potentially incredible journey that we might be about to embark on and be part of taking us back to where we belong or are the bright lights of the here and now still the easier option?

Do you think it has a completely positive effect on the players already at the club ?

I see it as a bonus that those in search of the big pay days may be able to realise that here and those that need to buck their ideas up a bit will have to because we may be in a much better position to replace them - but will they really want to get on board with the potentially incredible journey that we might be about to embark on and be part of taking us back to where we belong or are the bright lights of the here and now still the easier option?
very good point - makes the games v Villa and WHU even more interesting - our fans will probably be more up for it I think as well

I know this besic contract extension probably has nothing to do with this guy, but bill has been in discussions over 18months with him so maybe now all this is out the funds are becoming available? If besic's contract extension has anything to do with the new investment then it's a very good start, would much rather carry on like this in securing our young talent long term than going out making stupid bids for anyone and everyone that was good on football manager!

but my god everton really are spoiling us with good news lately

I know this besic contract extension probably has nothing to do with this guy, but bill has been in discussions over 18months with him so maybe now all this is out the funds are becoming available? If besic's contract extension has anything to do with the new investment then it's a very good start, would much rather carry on like this in securing our young talent long term than going out making stupid bids for anyone and everyone that was good on football manager!

but my god everton really are spoiling us with good news lately
Yep we don't need Euromillions we just need to keep the ones we've got from leaving and add a key piece or two.

very good point - makes the games v Villa and WHU even more interesting - our fans will probably be more up for it I think as well

I think our away fans are always up for it regardless and well done to them ! It will be really interesting to see how much of a lift it gives to the Goodison crowd and home performance. Hopefully by the West Ham game it will have been ratified by the PL and we may have even had some sort of statement from the new guy to further fuel or enhance our speculation and feel good factor.

Hopefully you are right, I can see the current crop of players looking to contribute more as new players come. When these new players start to achieve results then the bonuses kick in. It can only be good.

I went to a Zoroastrian funeral a while back. Didn't have a clue what was happening, lots of repetitive chanting that took ages.

Suddenly though it all kicked off as the priest was chanting the wrong deceased man's name.

Very odd.
I always thought it was a dead religion, like Vedism or Old Norse thingy, until I met few practising Zorostrians some years back. Apparently their god is called Mazda although I have not ascertained if he is a Miata or an MX-7.

I've converted to Zoroastrianism in honour of our new Iranian overlord.

I went to a Zoroastrian funeral a while back. Didn't have a clue what was happening, lots of repetitive chanting that took ages.

Suddenly though it all kicked off as the priest was chanting the wrong deceased man's name.

Very odd.

I always thought it was a dead religion, like Vedism or Old Norse thingy, until I met few practising Zorostrians some years back. Apparently their god is called Mazda although I have not ascertained if he is a Miata or an MX-7.

Just for anyone else who is wondering:-

Zoroastrianism is one of the world's oldest religions, "combining a cosmogonic dualism and eschatological monotheism in a manner unique... among the major religions of the world." Ascribed to the teachings of the Iranian Prophet Zoroaster (or Zarathustra), its Supreme Being is Ahura Mazda.

Highlighted a couple of bits in bold to really clear it up and explain it!!!!

admit it, you'd have to laugh if he completely asset stripped us in the summer, got his money back plus fifty m in player sales, and we dropped like a stone.
you'd have to hold your hand up and say, 'fair play, we've been done like a kipper'
Luckily only gangsters pull stuff like that, and our new owner has been working for a russian oligarch for the last 20 years, which is a completely different thing entirely.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back