Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Their going over the financial fair play rules as I type, we are not allowed to spend 100m apparently.

Liverpool spend 100m, what they really get is 30m of talent

Everton spend 100m, and what they really get is 200m of talent.

They are rightly worried, they are crap in the transfer market, we aren't.

They are going to spend a fortune again in the Summer, they are unbelievable, I'm loving the fact we have them worried because we have a great spine to our team, add 3 or 4 more quality additions and the top 4 beckons!!

All this talk of Liverpool is doing my head in. Who cares. It looks like we are going to be another team in an increasingly long line of teams that will be able to throw money around. I just hope we do it better than most have done. And I think we will.

Twice in recent memory ive felt that as a club we have been just a bit of investment away from being a top team. The first was in 2009 after we finished 5th and lost the cup final. We had a good team then and some investment would have really kicked us on, but it didn't happen and if memory serves me right I don't think we signed anyone of note for a few seasons.

The 2nd is this team here and now. We don't need much this time. If we get it right this summer then we could be in business.

From what I gather I think this guy will possibly be a bridge gap between Kenwright and a potentially richer owner. If this guy comes in, invests in the playing squad and funds us a new 50k stadium, I could certainly see him selling on to a sugar daddy owner.

I can see your logic there, but is Usmanov's main interest in football fiscal?

His investment in Arsenal is inert, as he has no influence whatsoever. It might be appreciating in value, but is it giving him what he wanted when he chose to get involved in the PL?
Usmanov will not get what he wants at Arsenal, he will never have any control there.

Now Moshini has clearly realised this, and decided to buy us so he can run a club how he would have liked to have done at Arsenal.

The big question is will Usmanov join him here, is this purchase the first phase of them both moving away from Arsenal?

Logic tells me Usmanov could be looking to follow Moshini out of Arsenal, there is no future at Arsenal for him, it is Kroenke's club, they have had a plan to buy into Arsenal and try and get control there and it has failed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back