Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Not shooting the messenger @Onwards Evertonians in the slightest, but treat this clip with extreme caution, the main thrust that the deal is subject to the takeover coder and is subject to shareholder approval is entirely wrong. Everton is a private company, and these regulations are not relevant to the club.

I have informed Radio City of his error...
Isn't this Tom Cannon guy the fella who was spouting utter drivel in the media during the whole Destination Kirkby era too?

Think the reason it's 49.9% is due to the loans we have in place. Think it will be a full takeover eventually but he calls the shots now.

As in he didn't want to go for a full takeover because then he would be responsible for the loans?

I'm sure he does call the shots mate, but if he has purchased 49.9% with a view to more in the future, it would be in his interest to keep promises he's made. Otherwise he is potentially making enemies of people he will want to buy from in future? I believe Bill will be keeping an eye out and doing everything he can to make sure this takeover is a success. It will be his legacy after all.

If the fan's who have shares sell to him i reckon he can hit the 51%

Like I said wouldn't be hard, but if he broke promises early on it would probably be harder.

The Usmanov Question - why he won't be buying into Everton

The Premier League is real estate with a limited number of properties (clubs). Few investors can access this market, and most of the desirable properties have already been acquired. Clearly Usmanov is a big fan of the Premier League, has committed resources to it and wishes to increase that exposure. Similarly Moshiri is of the same opinion.

How do they both achieve their aims of increasing their investment exposure to the Premier League? Arguably a week ago the answer was to hope for Kroenke to sell his majority holding in Arsenal to Red and White Holdings, however given this is unlikely to happen in the near time, and the desire is to increase exposure now how do they achieve this?

Red and White holdings provides Usmanov and Moshiri with approximately £400 million worth of exposure to the Premier League between them. By Moshiri selling to Usmanov, Usmanov increases his exposure to £400 million. Moshiri in the meantime switches his exposure from Arsenal to a more risky but with higher growth potential investment in Everton.

Result - their combined exposure (I'm not saying they're working together, far from it, just from an asset allocation position) has increased by 50%, Usmanov now has a larger interest in his beloved Arsenal and Moshiri has a higher growth potential investment in Everton and he's running the show.

So, for Usmanov to buy Everton he would now have to sell his enlarged position in Arsenal, and reduce his exposure to the Premier League and Moshiri would lose control of his own football club, something we believe has been an ambition for a long time.

As in he didn't want to go for a full takeover because then he would be responsible for the loans?

I'm sure he does call the shots mate, but if he has purchased 49.9% with a view to more in the future, it would be in his interest to keep promises he's made. Otherwise he is potentially making enemies of people he will want to buy from in future? I believe Bill will be keeping an eye out and doing everything he can to make sure this takeover is a success. It will be his legacy after all.

Like I said wouldn't be hard, but if he broke promises early on it would probably be harder.

No mate - the company is responsible for the loans not the shareholders, please read my post above.

The Premier League is real estate with a limited number of properties (clubs). Few investors can access this market, and most of the desirable properties have already been acquired. Clearly Usmanov is a big fan of the Premier League, has committed resources to it and wishes to increase that exposure. Similarly Moshiri is of the same opinion.

How do they both achieve their aims of increasing their investment exposure to the Premier League? Arguably a week ago the answer was to hope for Kroenke to sell his majority holding in Arsenal to Red and White Holdings, however given this is unlikely to happen in the near time, and the desire is to increase exposure now hoe do they achieve this?

Red and White holdings provides Usmanov and Moshiri with approximately £400 million worth of exposure to the Premier League between them. By Moshiri selling to Usmanov, Usmanov increases his exposure to £400 million. Moshiri in the meantime switches his exposure from Arsenal to a more risky but with higher growth potential investment in Everton.

Result - their combined exposure (I'm not saying they're working together, far from it, just from an asset allocation position) has increased by 50%, Usmanov now has a larger interest in his beloved Arsenal and Moshiri has a higher growth potential investment in Everton and he's running the show.

So, for Usmanov to buy Everton he would now have to sell his enlarged position in Arsenal, and reduce his exposure to the Premier League and Moshiri would lose control of his own football club, something we believe has been an ambition for a long time.

I can see your logic there, but is Usmanov's main interest in football fiscal?

His investment in Arsenal is inert, as he has no influence whatsoever. It might be appreciating in value, but is it giving him what he wanted when he chose to get involved in the PL?

How do they both achieve their aims of increasing their investment exposure to the Premier League? Arguably a week ago the answer was to hope for Kroenke to sell his majority holding in Arsenal to Red and White Holdings, however given this is unlikely to happen in the near time, and the desire is to increase exposure now hoe do they achieve this?

Don't doubt what you are saying mate... but maybe you can help with the exposure argument. ... If Usmanov has a 30 percent stake in a club where he can do nothing what exactly is his 400mill getting him? You say exposure... In what way? Does he sponsor them in some way? Does he generate business from them? Surely if he has control of a club that would give him more exposure then being a shareholder at another club?

Just trying to understand.

Do you think they are just in it for investment returns/exposure though ? If that was the case they can invest in any number of industries, some much more cast iron guaranteed than the PL.

Why has Moshiri (the sensible accountant with less disposable dosh) chosen to go for the riskier investment vehicle if it's not about taking the control of a PL club rather than building an investment portfolio ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back