Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Not a chance, let them rot in their pit... no Blue deserted us for them when they were top of the pile.
giphy.gif

Definitely time to unite and move forward for ALL Blues.
Happy to do so mate now that Kenwright's confined to the dustbin of history. Looking forward to someone that will employ PL calibre staff to grow and maximise our revenues, the ending of obscure annual loans taken out from BVI sources, and investment into the team and infrastructure. I'm sure we can all get behind the board now.

...er.....Block.....you are forgetting a small but very important fact.

Anno Domini, my son :(

It is a toss up whether some of us will still be around in five years.......so that title had better come quickly or I will personally fly a plane over the new stadium demanding we get the Persian out :mad:

Khal, my owld mucker... You're forgetting the new lease of life we've all just been granted.
Imagine if Mr.Usmanov joins the Blue Revolution, we'll be positively regressing back to our childhood with the kids-in-a-sweet shop excitement :cheers::):);)

Let's not blow expectation into the next stratosphere lads. Whilst it looks like we've got an excellent businessmen and a loaded one at that, so have many other Clubs. Spending big doesn't mean instant, or even delayed, success....ask Brendan and LVG how easy it is to blow literally hundreds of millions of pounds and still be also-rans.

Let's take this one step at a time and enjoy the ride. Let's not be on mega-fume if we don't win the Champions League and Premiership double next season with Messi and Lewandowski donning the RBJ.
Let's get excited about speeding up the progress and development of the likes of Barkley, Lukaku, Stones, Besic, Galloway etc with a sprinkling of a couple of marquee signings. Winning something that way will be so much more enjoyable.

There is absolutely no chance of Usmanov coming to Everton.

I would wager that Usmanov will eventually acquire Kroenke's shareholding in Arsenal.

One Billionaire with 63% ownership not wanting to sell to another Billioinaire with 30% ownership. Sooner or later somethings got to give and either you're right Usmanov will get Kroenke's shares or he decides to get involved somewhere else.

Moshiri and Usmanov have been partners a long time. It could be that Moshiri wants his own gig but I have a feeling there may be some involvlement with Usmanov in the future.

Let's not blow expectation into the next stratosphere lads. Whilst it looks like we've got an excellent businessmen and a loaded one at that, so have many other Clubs. Spending big doesn't mean instant, or even delayed, success....ask Brendan and LVG how easy it is to blow literally hundreds of millions of pounds and still be also-rans.

Let's take this one step at a time and enjoy the ride. Let's not be on mega-fume if we don't win the Champions League and Premiership double next season with Messi and Lewandowski donning the RBJ.
Let's get excited about speeding up the progress and development of the likes of Barkley, Lukaku, Stones, Besic, Galloway etc with a sprinkling of a couple of marquee signings. Winning something that way will be so much more enjoyable.

To be fair mate, I really don't think that's even a possibility with us. We've got, in my view, just as a strong a first XI if not stronger than both of those teams and we're spent a fraction of the money. All we have to do is continue spending well and we'll overtake them.

To be fair mate, I really don't think that's even a possibility with us. We've got, in my view, just as a strong a first XI if not stronger than both of those teams and we're spent a fraction of the money. All we have to do is continue spending well and we'll overtake them.
It's a possibility with anyone, all it takes is a few wrong decisions.

How much of an upper hand will we have in negotiating when other clubs know we're minted?

It's nice to see everyone being so positive but I think people might be left disappointed if they think we'll be spending loads on players in the summer or anything. Hopefully he'll have an impact off the field and sort the stadium issue out but I'm not expecting a huge instant impact.

What makes this all the more exciting is the squad we have assembled has cost peanuts compared to the RS, United, Chelsea, arsenal etc. I think Leicester this season should give everyone a lift, it is possible to crack the top 4 with a team ethic and good players. IMO we are 2 (first 11 players) away from cracking the top 4, a goalkeeper and a quality no.8 to unlock defences. It's a big if, but if we can retain our best players and add real quality in these positions (it make take 50m to do it) then we really are in business. Reduce the debt, revitalise the commercial problem and sort the stadium situation out and we as a club can look to the future with optimism once again.

One Billionaire with 63% ownership not wanting to sell to another Billioinaire with 30% ownership. Sooner or later somethings got to give and either you're right Usmanov will get Kroenke's shares or he decides to get involved somewhere else.

Moshiri and Usmanov have been partners a long time. It could be that Moshiri wants his own gig but I have a feeling there may be some involvlement with Usmanov in the future.

I accept entirely that few agree with me, I'm fine with that. I explain in more detail some of the reasons here:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...er-farhad-moshiri.85442/page-174#post-4254415

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back