Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Don't mind me, just leaving these here for @davek to use later.

March 2016 in Everton v Chelsea Program

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-investor-farhad-moshiri-ill-11026310

"I know a lot of you want to know what my plans are. There is much to be done and things for me to learn, but I can confirm that I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future."

November 2016 interview with Jim White on Talksport

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...iri-everton-sissoko-stones-koulibaly-12139251

Speaking about Stones' £47.5million switch to Manchester City, Moshiri said: "I didn't want to sell.

"I did what I could to keep Romelu (Lukaku), which I managed to do. I looked at the club, and the three big stars were Romelu, Ross Barkley and John Stones.

"The boy (Stones) wanted to go. (Roberto) Martinez had promised him he could go the following year, but I didn't let him go until the manager (Koeman) said he could go.

March 2017 on Lukaku Contract
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/moshiri-on-lukaku-contract-refusal.95278/

Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has released a statement through Jim White/Sky Sports news following reports that Lukaku had turned down Everton's offer of a new contract.

Moshiri: “It’s not an issue. We have a strong relationship with the player and his agent. We are very happy with Romelu and want to reward him.

"The club is committed to an improved contract for the player.

"No-one should worry. He’s our player"

Ohhhhhh this doesn't reflect good on our Evil accountant leader.

Don't mind me, just leaving these here for @davek to use later.

March 2016 in Everton v Chelsea Program

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-investor-farhad-moshiri-ill-11026310

"I know a lot of you want to know what my plans are. There is much to be done and things for me to learn, but I can confirm that I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future."

November 2016 interview with Jim White on Talksport

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...iri-everton-sissoko-stones-koulibaly-12139251

Speaking about Stones' £47.5million switch to Manchester City, Moshiri said: "I didn't want to sell.

"I did what I could to keep Romelu (Lukaku), which I managed to do. I looked at the club, and the three big stars were Romelu, Ross Barkley and John Stones.

"The boy (Stones) wanted to go. (Roberto) Martinez had promised him he could go the following year, but I didn't let him go until the manager (Koeman) said he could go.

March 2017 on Lukaku Contract
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/moshiri-on-lukaku-contract-refusal.95278/

Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has released a statement through Jim White/Sky Sports news following reports that Lukaku had turned down Everton's offer of a new contract.

Moshiri: “It’s not an issue. We have a strong relationship with the player and his agent. We are very happy with Romelu and want to reward him.

"The club is committed to an improved contract for the player.

"No-one should worry. He’s our player"

He's a carpet bagger. Those that aren't convinced of that yet have very short memories or think that people said to be billionaires cant either a/ be wrong or b/ be frugal with their money.

It's a completely naive position to hold on this feller.

The club has been here 139 years. I wont be giving a man who tipped up here less than 18 months ago any benefit of the doubt.

I have a long memory for the things he has said because he hasn't said much. He's completely failed us as far as keeping that core of players he spoke about in his first program.
yeah i'm really disappointed too mate, times gone by we'd have sold our decent players, including ones who didn't want to go, and we wouldn't be reinvesting the money. Those three players wanted to leave, they left, but, and its a big but, we have reinvested seemingly very well and in my opinion, we are in a much better position now that we were in at the end of last season.

What's so hard to understand THEY WANTED TO GO
We will be a better team for it, we weren't that good with all three now we have more strength and depth

yeah i'm really disappointed too mate, times gone by we'd have sold our decent players, including ones who didn't want to go, and we wouldn't be reinvesting the money. Those three players wanted to leave, they left, but, and its a big but, we have reinvested seemingly very well and in my opinion, we are in a much better position now that we were in at the end of last season.

I think everyone talking about how good the new players we've signed are needs to wait until 3 months into the season. They're all class players right now but it all changes when they actually have to play a few games.

While I agree we have signed some good players, I am not entirely confident that we have improved and won't say so until we're a few months into the season when a comparison can be made more fairly.

He's a carpet bagger. Those that aren't convinced of that yet have very short memories or think that people said to be billionaires cant either a/ be wrong or b/ be frugal with their money.

It's a completely naive position to hold on this feller.

The club has been here 139 years. I wont be giving a man who tipped up here less than 18 months ago any benefit of the doubt.
Serious question: would you prefer FSG?

To all of you saying that "What do you want him to do they wanted to go?", are we just supposed to get used to this then?

What difference is that compared to before he showed up?

So far he hasn't made a lick of difference in our ability to hold onto our best players.

To all of you saying that "What do you want him to do they wanted to go?", are we just supposed to get used to this then?

So far he hasn't made a lick of difference in our ability to hold onto our best players.
Keane is a better DEFENDER than Stones.
Sigurdsson is a more creative outlet than Barkley.
Rooney/Sandro/Giroud (?) provide more unpredictability than Lukaku.
I would consider them upgrades and we commanded record fees for two of them.

Holding on to players wanted by CL clubs, requires being a CL club. That is certainly not achieved in one season, Spurs have been building towards this for years and have only just achieved it (hence why Dele Ali and Harry Kane will go nowhere this season and City had to pay silly money for a full back). It is unrealistic that we could get 4th this season and Koeman has said himself we will probably need another summer to get to the level of trying to compete at top 4 level. So yes you are correct so far he has not made much diffeence in holding on to our top players as that will take time. More players of a higher quality do seem prepared to join though?

Keane is a better DEFENDER than Stones.
Sigurdsson is a more creative outlet than Barkley.
Rooney/Sandro/Giroud (?) provide more unpredictability than Lukaku.
I would consider them upgrades and we commanded record fees for two of them.

I think they're good players but I won't say they've improved us until the season is underway and the results can speak for themselves.

Holding on to players wanted by CL clubs, requires being a CL club. That is certainly not achieved in one season, Spurs have been building towards this for years and have only just achieved it (hence why Dele Ali and Harry Kane will go nowhere this season and City had to pay silly money for a full back). It is unrealistic that we could get 4th this season and Koeman has said himself we will probably need another summer to get to the level of trying to compete at top 4 level. So yes you are correct so far he has not made much diffeence in holding on to our top players as that will take time. More players of a higher quality do seem prepared to join though?

I wonder how many are joining with an eye to a further move like Stones, Lukaku, and Barkley all got.

How many players are looking at us as an academy for the Top 4?

Here's a quote from Koeman last year.

The 53-year-old said: "I have had that experience in my last two years, always a lot of interest in players.

"Like everybody, we like to keep all these key players, because you don't sell your best players. But that is about meetings I will have with these kind of players and then we will see what happens."

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/you-...anning-keep-romelu-lukaku#AhwMhvuxlAQ0wVou.99

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back