Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

There needs to be some balance to this debate.

In my opinion Moshiri isn't a big investor nor is he a nothing new man. I see him as an enabler with a speculate to accumulate approach. The facts as we know them he has loaned the club 80 mill unsecured to pay down debt and inject captail into the club for it to function on a par. The idea behind that is that it opens up new and inventive credit streams that are vehicles for pushing the club on but grow the business. He is a canny business man the deal with the council for the ground is ingenious.

Why is he doing this? To my mind he is a short term investor 7-10 years. Everton were lowly valued at the purchase price for shares, yet were saddled with debt and couldn't create revenue. Everton had the ability to grow as a business with a small speculation. He has hitched his wagon to growing the business with the stadium and subsequent commercial deals. When the value increases enough to turn a healthy profit he will sell.

The result is he has invested 80 mill with the hope that he can turn a profit way beyond that by improving infrastructure and growing the business. When it's fat enough he will sell on.

I also think we will see big investment in transfers this window, numbers quality etc, getting a core group together that can be future proffed during the period of the stadium build, the stadium build will take up a lot of revenue in the next few years, be under no illusions. We will revert back to 1-3 transfers per window in topping up.

That's my analysis of the Mosh, neither a Sugur Daddy or more of the same, just an enabler to turn a profit for himself in the midterm.

Last edited:

In my opinion Moshiri isn't a big investor nor is he a nothing new man. I see him as an enabler with a speculate to accumulate approach. The facts as we know them he has loaned the club 80 mill unsecured to pay down debt and inject captail into the club for it to function on a par. The idea behind that is that it opens up new and inventive credit streams that are vehicles for pushing the club on but grow the business. He is a canny business man the deal with the council for the ground is ingenious.

Why is he doing this? To my mind he is a short term investor 7-10 years. Everton were lowly valued at the purchase price for shares, yet were saddled with debt and couldn't create revenue. Everton had the ability to grow as a business with a small speculation. He has hitched his wagon to growing the business with the stadium and subsequent commercial deals. When the value increases enough to turn a healthy profit he will sell.

The result is he has invested 80 mill with the hope that he can turn a profit way beyond that by improving infrastructure and growing the business. When it's fat enough he will sell on.

I also think we will see big investment in transfers this window, numbers quality etc, getting a core group together that can be future proffed during the period of the stadium build, the stadium build will take up a lot of revenue in the next few years, be under no illusions. We will revert back to 1-3 transfers per window in topping up.

That's my analysis of the Mosh, neither a Sugur Daddy or more of the same, just an enabler to turn a profit for himself in the midterm.

He's going to be here longer than that.

I agree mate. And that was the game plan back when Kenwright and Gregg jointly took control 17 years ago. Back then the slate was clean with the local state and commercial sector and the idea was t get that dockside stadium built and sell the club on (in Gregg's case at least).

So in effect this is nothing new as we again have a clean slate with Moshiri on a stadium build...and that is the only saleable thing about Moshiri as far as I can see.

Yea, quite possibly mate, I don't really know what's driving Moshiri, but if he's hoping to make the club more attractive to future purchasers then I'm not going to turn my nose up at that ... which I think is essentially what you're saying ? We've stagnated through lack of investment for a very long time, so, if he puts us somewhere much closer to the top table over the next ten years then I think everyone will be reasonably happy.

My gut reaction is that he has a five year plan and he'll then review where we're at, and make a decision on whether to stick or hold at, or about, that time.

Yes, yes you are.
tenor.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back