Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yea, quite possibly mate, I don't really know what's driving Moshiri, but if he's hoping to make the club more attractive to future purchasers then I'm not going to turn my nose up at that ... which I think is essentially what you're saying ? We've stagnated through lack of investment for a very long time, so, if he puts us somewhere much closer to the top table over the next ten years then I think everyone will be reasonably happy.

My gut reaction is that he has a five year plan and he'll then review where we're at, and make a decision on whether to stick or hold at, or about, that time.
I honestly think five years will be too early for any crossroad decision.
I reckon five years sees the stadium built and then the hopefully upward trajectory of the club begins.

I feel he may be in it for the long haul...in some capacity.
Just a hunch.

Unless he is here to make money for other people then I agree. He is not some spring chicken looking to make more money to then invest somewhere else. He could already retire happy enough I would imagine. With the amount of money to be made over the next 15 years at the waterfront I doubt he even cares what could possibly come from the club.

My only niggling concern is he is here to show Arsenal fans what it could be like if Usmanov runs the club. Would he therefore go running back if they can get Kroenke out?

Unless he is here to make money for other people then I agree. He is not some spring chicken looking to make more money to then invest somewhere else. He could already retire happy enough I would imagine. With the amount of money to be made over the next 15 years at the waterfront I doubt he even cares what could possibly come from the club.

My only niggling concern is he is here to show Arsenal fans what it could be like if Usmanov runs the club. Would he therefore go running back if they can get Kroenke out?
doesn't matter as they won't get kroenke out. kroenke has a massive ego and won't sell

I honestly think five years will be too early for any crossroad decision.
I reckon five years sees the stadium built and then the hopefully upward trajectory of the club begins.

You're likely right mate. Five years is a sensible timescale for reviewing things, but I don't really see him selling up at that point. I very much doubt his investment in Everton is all about money anyway, I suspect he also wants a bit of fun in life, and whereas you or I might book a holiday, Mosh moves in different circles and may well have just fancied a change from his usual business dealings.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back