Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The question about how have we moved forward?, what apart the increase in squad costs this year (wages), new sponsorship, stadium on the horizon, worlds largest bank now happy to do business with us (which would have never happened under previous owner), improvements to FF, spending more on our u23s than ever before, we will close to Sigurdsson deal, We bought sandro who most seemed to want at the time, pickford and Keane, but yes the negatives are always way more fun to go along with
All of that and we’ll still finish anywhere between 15th to 7th.

Tbh mate, my initial view was to let him prove himself - and I had an open mind on it. But it VERY quickly became apparent he was just another in a long line of carpet baggers. His post summer transfer window interviews last year were pure Kenwright.

This season he's just front loaded the player sale cash and loads fell for it.

A phoney. 100%.

Hows he phoney though? That implies he promised to do something he didn't deliver on. He never said he was going to be a sugar daddy.

He removed a manager out of his depth and brought in a superior replacement.
He improved Everton's stadium.
He secured sponsorship of our training ground.
He massively improved our shirt sponsorship deal.
He secured a substantial line of credit.

We've signed the best English goalie, the best English CB, United and England's top goal scorer, a tremendous Spanish prospect, clutch of highly promising youngsters etc.

He's not Abramovich but attacking him for that is agenda driven lunacy.

Sadly people are going to defend him purely on the basis of “he isn’t Kenwright”.

There's nothing to defend, we have improved since he took over on all fronts. May not be as much as we're promised or expected but without him we would be worse off.
Not being Kenwright is a massive compliment and he deserves it.

I voted NO in the original poll and I am not completely convinced by everything he does but as someone who sat through the Kenwright years, and who openly hates Bill I take the current times in a positive light.

Hows he phoney though? That implies he promised to do something he didn't deliver on. He never said he was going to be a sugar daddy.

He removed a manager out of his depth and brought in a superior replacement.
He improved Everton's stadium.
He secured sponsorship of our training ground.
He massively improved our shirt sponsorship deal.
He secured a substantial line of credit.

We've signed the best English goalie, the best English CB, United and England's top goal scorer, a tremendous Spanish prospect, clutch of highly promising youngsters etc.

He's not Abramovich but attacking him for that is agenda driven lunacy.
Once again, we will still finish way off the big 6.

We’re also still sell to buy.

OK, so let's say 2 years ago you're sat there and Marty McFly comes out of his DeLorean from the future and says to you we've been taken over by a billionaire. He shows you the quotes from the time and all the fuss in the press, then says he'll let you have his Sports Almanac which could you make you a billionaire yourself if you can correctly guess the starting XI from our first competitive fixture of 2017/18.

Does the team you give him include Maarten Stekelenburg, Cuco Martina and Ashley Williams?

Stoke are owned by a billionaire, so are Newcastle, so are Liverpool, so are Sunderland ffs. It's only the loonies who thought we were going to be the new Citeh.

Mmmmmm, interesting:
nsno-chris said:
Lad, your constantly banging the same drum about net spend, club not being run properly, kenwright pulling the strings blah blah

Like I said, pyar BAWK

nope ... you are wetting your School Short pants because some do not agree with you .... that simple really !
Anyway assembly is over shouldn`t you be back in class ...........

Mmmmmmmm, interesting indeed when you post the complete dialogue and not just the reply that suits your agenda ............

OK, so let's say 2 years ago you're sat there and Marty McFly comes out of his DeLorean from the future and says to you we've been taken over by a billionaire. He shows you the quotes from the time and all the fuss in the press, then says he'll let you have his Sports Almanac which could you make you a billionaire yourself if you can correctly guess the starting XI from our first competitive fixture of 2017/18.

Does the team you give him include Maarten Stekelenburg, Cuco Martina and Ashley Williams?
That's a weird response to my question mate.

The starting XI might not be where you'd hope it to be bit there is still another 3 weeks left of the window so I'm hoping we'll sort out the 3 positions. But IMO the overall squad is a lot stronger than 18 months ago, as is the non playing side of the club.

In answer to your question though, Stek is a back up keeper not first choice. We've had worse first choice keepers in the past never mind back up. 18 months ago I'd have said Williams is ne of the best defenders I've seen at Goodison in the last 5 years. He's always played brilliantly against us. But I agree he's been very disappointing since coming here and we need a new starting left sided defender. Martina I just don't get. But I'm a big fan of Kenny and didn't see the need to sign any cover for Coleman.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back