Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
To be fair, you could argue threads titled 'Everton rising' and predicting a run at the title over a couple of signings also are 'ruining' the forum as it is badly meffy
There is often 'meffy' positive stuff on here, you're right, but you have to agree that generally it's few and far between.. particularly when you compare it to the clutch of agenda-driven users who log in day after day and appear to actually take pleasure in slagging the club off at every given opportunity. That gets old very fast.

It's quite straightforward that the Club knew they would get £75m+ for Lukaku though isn't it? Everyone knew he was going.

Had he not gone (got injured or something) the club would have far more aggressively marketed Barkley / McCarthy / Besic and carried a net spend of about £25m.
Yes it was obvious Lukaku would go but I still believe we would of purchased the 3 I mentioned!! Whether people think he's a fraud or not we are in a far stronger position on and off the field than we were when he took over 18 months ago.. we still have 3 weeks of this window remaining, i think it's far to early to start calling him out just yet!

We did that when we sold Lukaku ...............
We offered him a contract which was huge by our standards. He turned it down and let everyone now he wanted to move. We got good money for him.

As I said, we aren't Chelsea, City or United and can't compete with those clubs with wages. You either get used to that or you'll never be happy supporting Everton.

But we are bigger than 1 player though.

That's a weird response to my question mate.

The starting XI might not be where you'd hope it to be bit there is still another 3 weeks left of the window so I'm hoping we'll sort out the 3 positions. But IMO the overall squad is a lot stronger than 18 months ago, as is the non playing side of the club.

In answer to your question though, Stek is a back up keeper not first choice. We've had worse first choice keepers in the past never mind back up. 18 months ago I'd have said Williams is ne of the best defenders I've seen at Goodison in the last 5 years. He's always played brilliantly against us. But I agree he's been very disappointing since coming here and we need a new starting left sided defender. Martina I just don't get. But I'm a big fan of Kenny and didn't see the need to sign any cover for Coleman.
I was just countering the point that things are better than they were by saying they're probably not better by as much as you might have expected, that's all.

I can't stress enough, I'm not having a pop at Moshiri and I think he's taken us forward to an extent. I just think it's a bit unfair to have a go at posters who are disappointed that he hasn't done more, because he set himself up for that with his words and actions last year.

There is often 'meffy' positive stuff on here, you're right, but you have to agree that generally it's few and far between.. particularly when you compare it to the clutch of agenda-driven users who log in day after day and appear to actually take pleasure in slagging the club off at every given opportunity? That gets old very fast.

Would you care to name any? Bet you if you did, we'd be able to find positive things they'd said too. Unfortunately if you challenge Moshiri / Klaassen / Tom Davies or another sacred lamb, it marks you out.

Stoke are owned by a billionaire, so are Newcastle, so are Liverpool, so are Sunderland ffs. It's only the loonies who thought we were going to be the new Citeh.

Did their owners say ' I'm going to give (insert club name) everything I have '?

As said, his definition of that is funds from player sales. We are fast approaching the end of his 3rd full transfer window and the moths are still lodged in his wallet.

Well, not last summer of course as we made a profit. January window, yes, net of about £18m isn't it?

Everyone pays those, it's relative.

Not sure we made too much of a profit last summer did we?

Sold:
Stones: £47.5m (5m to Barnsley?)

Bought:
Bolasie: £28m
Gueye: £8m
Williams: £12m
Calvert Lewin: £2m
Stekelenburg: £1m
+ Loan fee for Valencia.

You say we made a profit, of course, so obviously something I'm missing but doesn't look like much of a profit to me. In fact in looks like a reasonably substantial net spend.

What have I missed?

To be fair, you could argue threads titled 'Everton rising' and predicting a run at the title over a couple of signings also are 'ruining' the forum as it is badly meffy
All of these have a direct correlation to the utter nonsense that people like the esk and that group of erroneous morons he associates himself with called the blue room.

Yes it was obvious Lukaku would go but I still believe we would of purchased the 3 I mentioned!! Whether people think he's a fraud or not we are in a far stronger position on and off the field than we were when he took over 18 months ago.. we still have 3 weeks of this window remaining, i think it's far to early to start calling him out just yet!

Far stronger than what? The day to day existence under Kenwright? It's a pretty low watermark.

As people have said - if you go back to that game where Lukaku played on the right and we battered Arsenal, we were all in absolute soak about having four incredible youngsters playing in the Everton side. Within 4 years, we've sold or are about to sell them all. And still finished 7th last season.

Hasn't every club in the Premier League either massively expanded their ground or moved in the Premier League era? The ground move is great, yes, but it's a catch-up, not an innovation.

Would you care to name any? Bet you if you did, we'd be able to find positive things they'd said too. Unfortunately if you challenge Moshiri / Klaassen / Tom Davies or another sacred lamb, it marks you out.
There are a number of them mate but forgive me for not wanting to call them out here. It's fairly obvious who they are, some of them you'd actively struggle to find anything positive slip past their mouths, but at the risk of potentially opening a can of worms I want to try and refrain from contributing any more to the dung that's being flung around on here currently.

Hasn't every club in the Premier League either massively expanded their ground or moved in the Premier League era? The ground move is great, yes, but it's a catch-up, not an innovation.

Would a move to the Docks have been anything but a pipe dream before Moshiri arrived?

To shunt it as being something of little consequence is either disingenuous or plain dumb

Not sure we made too much of a profit last summer did we?

Sold:
Stones: £47.5m (5m to Barnsley?)

Bought:
Bolasie: £28m
Gueye: £8m
Williams: £12m
Calvert Lewin: £2m
Stekelenburg: £1m
+ Loan fee for Valencia.

You say we made a profit, of course, so obviously something I'm missing but doesn't look like much of a profit to me. In fact in looks like a reasonably substantial net spend.

What have I missed?

I'm going off this mein frandel

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/transfers/verein/29/saison_id/2016

So you've gone under for Stones /Williams, over for Bolasie / Gueye / Calvert Lewin

So as mentioned, most of the net spending was in January 2017 are Mr Koeman (who has been badly let down imo) complained angrily to the Board after our Cup exit.

Far stronger than what? The day to day existence under Kenwright? It's a pretty low watermark.

Well it's the only one we've got.

What do you want present day Everton to be compared to? 1960s Coca Cola? Not getting your point.

GOT bedwetters fantasy Everton > Moshiri's Everton > Kenwright's Everton

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back