Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
There are a number of them mate but forgive me for not wanting to call them out here. It's fairly obvious who they are, some of them you'd actively struggle to find anything positive slip past their mouths, but at the risk of potentially opening a can of worms I want to try and refrain from contributing any more to the dung that's being flung around on here currently.

Coutinho is leaving the kopites ................ HAHA HA HA HA HA HA AHA

Well it's the only one we've got.

What do you want present day Everton to be compared to? 1960s Coca Cola? Not getting your point.

GOT bedwetters fantasy Everton > Moshiri's Everton > Kenwright's Everton

So what you're saying is

An Everton with a goalscorer and a demonstrable investment in the playing squad without selling its world class players > A sell to buy situation where the best four youngsters are sold / being sold and purchases seem intrinsically linked to departures > an era where the club didn't buy anyone for 5 windows and went into the Premier League season with Beckford as the main striker

I think we agree then

Hows he phoney though? That implies he promised to do something he didn't deliver on. He never said he was going to be a sugar daddy.

He removed a manager out of his depth and brought in a superior replacement.
He improved Everton's stadium.
He secured sponsorship of our training ground.
He massively improved our shirt sponsorship deal.
He secured a substantial line of credit.

We've signed the best English goalie, the best English CB, United and England's top goal scorer, a tremendous Spanish prospect, clutch of highly promising youngsters etc.

He's not Abramovich but attacking him for that is agenda driven lunacy.
“For me I bought into a new family and that’s what is special for me. I give them whatever I have.” Hmmm

So what you're saying is

An Everton with a goalscorer and a demonstrable investment in the playing squad without selling its world class players > A sell to buy situation where the best four youngsters are sold / being sold and purchases seem intrinsically linked to departures > an era where the club didn't buy anyone for 5 windows and went into the Premier League season with Beckford as the main striker

I think we agree then

You've put your own spin on it you little rascal but even with that it still kind of undermines the anti-Mosh arguments so yeah, we agree.

It's STILL a pipe dream....and if you remember we had the KD in the bag at one point and failed to close the deal...a LONG LONG way further down the road than this BMD mirage.

Anyone reading that could be forgiven for thinking that you're praying that it fails.

Not me obviously, I know better, you're a top Blue and all that.

Gone to the dogs this site, I'm about done with it for a while I reckon.

“For me I bought into a new family and that’s what is special for me. I give them whatever I have.” Hmmm

Mmm hm, so you took from that he was going to sell all his business interests and plough it all into Everton.

That, i'm sure you now agree, was a tad optimistic!

It's amazing how far we've come in so short a time. If I had been told when he took over that he was gonna be able to sell on Stones Lukaku and Barkley for £180 m and replace them with a free transfer, a£5m striker and Ashley W for another ten I never would have believed it.
Bill would never have had the balls for this one

It's amazing how far we've come in so short a time. If I had been told when he took over that he was gonna be able to sell on Stones Lukaku and Barkley for £180 m and replace them with a free transfer, a£5m striker and Ashley W for another ten I never would have believed it.
Bill would never have had the balls for this one

If they were our only signings you'd have a point.

But they weren't....so...kinda awkward...

Well it's the only one we've got.

What do you want present day Everton to be compared to? 1960s Coca Cola? Not getting your point.

GOT bedwetters fantasy Everton > Moshiri's Everton > Kenwright's Everton

Moshiri and Kenwright pass each other in the corridor high fiving mate. They've got you lad, and the majority it seems.

Hook, line and sinker.

Get the early deals in, paint a few objects blue outside, create a buzz, sell the season tickets and then we'll boot the clubs assets out the door.

This duo even had Evertonians muttering that maybe our early deals showed Lukaku the ambition, that he might stay.

Laughable!

Water through a colander

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back