Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He hasn't even took up the option of increasing his 49.9% stake in the club.

I thought things were going to change when he brought his Russian mate onto the board but he also allowed Kenwright to bring his arl mate Dr Keith Harris on board.

Elstone was going to be pushed aside according to the Everton ITK twitterati. Nothing to do with the new move as well, but he seems to be the main man and is actually doing a resonable job so far.

We have gone from Gregg to Earl/Green to Moshiri.

Is Kenwright still calling the shots???

Can somebody bring me up to speed here, I just the names of the 2 opposing factions so I can make a decision upon which side to join and push my agenda real strong.
The sharks and the jets.

tumblr_lldl4jvczE1qclvq3.gif

Mmm hm, so you took from that he was going to sell all his business interests and plough it all into Everton.

That, i'm sure you now agree, was a tad optimistic!
Nope but the inference is clear. Just cut the bullshit, say I'm going to run the club in a professional manner. Everybody knows where we stand then.

Preaching to the converted. I was responding to a point about us 'not yet' competing with the super rich, by pointing out that we are just not super rich, and probably won't ever be under Moshiri. I was saying the same yesterday but some people just won't have it.

I've said numerous times that I don't mind what Moshiri's doing, but I do think he got a bit carried away himself and caused a bit of hysteria. He basically said money was no object, claimed we'd bid £60m for a defender and said we only had a short window to make ourselves a real force. All of those things suggested he was going to bankroll us, at least to a reasonable extent.

The reality has been different though. That's fine, but let's not pretend that our current situation is what was initially suggested.
He never said that though mate. Although I think that's what a lot of fans were expecting. And if you are taking about the Jim White interview he said that we were after Koulibaly but that Napoli wanted £60m. Not that we bid £60m. Or that was my take when I listened to it.

Better than Kenwright. Considerably better.

But not improved us as much as I'd expected and he'd led us to believe. And he's severely lacking in terms of on field investment. And doesn't seem to understand the game particularly.

His off field stuff has been good, but stadiums don't win trophies. And I want to be substantially better than the 7th team in the country.

We're better off since he's came but he's not showing signs of wanting to create a team who will be able to truly compete. He wants a strong business that guarantees his wealth above on field success.

If that's true mate he would have stayed at Arsenal.

As regards the team, I'll reserve judgment until the end of this window. As things stand, I'm disappointed that our starting XI is not as good as we finished last season, and that's purely down to losing Rom. Bring in a decent striker and playmaker and I'll be happier that we've moved on from last year. But 3 of the teams above us have also improved. Given how far we were behind the teams above us, we will do well to break into the top 6 this season. Hopefully Spurs and Liverpool will both be more hampered than us with European football as their squads are quite thin.

He never said that though mate. Although I think that's what a lot of fans were expecting. And if you are taking about the Jim White interview he said that we were after Koulibaly but that Napoli wanted £60m. Not that we bid £60m. Or that was my take when I listened to it.
OK. Taken from his interview with Jim White in November:

On his backing for manager Ronald Koeman:
"
We have no restrictions to spend.

Then:

We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly from Napoli and they wanted £60million. Every defender in Europe now is £50million. It is just monopoly money, it doesn’t mean anything. We competed with Chelsea, we went right to the asking price, but the club didn’t sell

What would you expect fans to think 'no restrictions' means if not that money is no object? I can't think of anything else you could possibly think he meant by that. And he very clearly states that the asking price was £60m and we went to the asking price. If that doesn't mean we bid £60m then I think I need to re-learn English.

Again, I'm not trying to knock his ownership, but let's stop pretending that people imagined all this bullish talk when it's well documented and even recorded for posterity.

So because people are calling out Moshiri for not delivering on what he’s promised you think the place has gone to the dogs?

So ideally you’d want everyone holding hands in a circle saying how boss everything is and how we’re gonna win everything cos Moshiri is the bestest owner ever.

Okay mate. Enjoy your break.

I did find him saying that a little strange. He's a decent poster too.

Pathetic in here!! We could of been playing Leeds this weekend if Moshiri never arrived and Bill had his way with Martinez!! But hey Moshiri hasn't emptied his pockets this transfer window so let's call him out as a fraud!! lol

Pathetic in here!! We could of been playing Leeds this weekend if Moshiri never arrived and Bill had his way with Martinez!! But hey Moshiri hasn't emptied his pockets this transfer window so let's call him out as a fraud!! lol

lol Behave !

......... and its not just this window he hasn't emptied his pockets.

I wouldn't be that arsed but his comments from 18 months and three full windows ago are reeking the place out already.

At the start of September he'll have shifted into 5th gear to becoming a utter rat

" The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist "

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back