Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Wow, eddy that's a rather wide berth to class as a personal insult. Maybe if I replaced "blah blah" with "etc etc" would that be less insulting for you?? My BAWKish comment remains, but this was directed at the general over reaction in this thread.

Does this help?

Anyway, this as been derailed; all hail moshiri and his fat bag of cash

Deflection, rarely works ........... anyway moving on. I dont think anyone is over reacting rather just genuine concerns over were we are a few days before the 1st game. I hope I am wrong and we get the players we need in but I cant help thinking of last years fiasco and panic buying at the 11th hour so far it looks like we have conducted our transfer business early on and thats it .....

1502286258556.webp
All valid questions mate.

Whilst I'm reasonably happy with how things have moved on in the relatively short term since Moshiri took over, I am surprised that he hasn't done more to sort out the board, or taken up the rest of his options. He may not have the liquidity at the moment. How much did he get from his mate for selling his 15% share in Arsenal?

Could be the case.

But, look back at how Kenwright has worked on people to sell his Everton dream. He used the Greggs for their financial muscle and his relationship of working with them in the theatre world.

Gregg had the financial power to win in the battle for Everton but Kenwright won the PR war. Used the Fortress Fund with its team of superheros Robert Steelhammer, @Wincredible Hulk to stop Gregg in his tracks and force him out into the cold.

Brought in Earl to win that war by using the Kirkby move as a carrot for him to grow on his investment.

Moshiri has been brought in to get rid of Earl, whose to say Kenwright hasn't got another ace up his sleeve blocking him taking full control.

Kenwright is like Littlefinger, playing both sides to get what he wants. I can see Kenwright sitting on the Iron Throne at the end of Game of Thrones after doing a deal with the Night King and the army of the dead to get his way.

Last edited:
And how much time are you willing to give him??

This is his third window to strengthen and release the funds. " No restrictions on money available "

I'm still waiting but this road looks awfully familiar.

Davies, Lookman, Ramirez, Pickford and Keane are the assets of the next generation of for funding. We've already started the funding for when those go in Gibson, Oneykuru, Bowler et al.

If we could put the money up - fees and wages - then literally anybody. Seriously, anybody.

The idea that it's impossible to attract players is a total myth, it's just that you have to pay through the nose to get them. In May 2009 City finished the season in 10th place. That summer they signed Tevez, Adebayor, Lescott, Barry and Toure amongst others.

If you pay it, they will come.
Still waiting on one name

This is his third window to strengthen and release the funds. " No restrictions on money available "

I'm still waiting but this road looks awfully familiar.

Davies, Lookman, Ramirez, Pickford and Keane are the assets of the next generation of for funding. We've already started the funding for when those go in Gibson, Oneykuru, Bowler et al.
Ok mate

Deflection, rarely works ........... anyway moving on. I dont think anyone is over reacting rather just genuine concerns over were we are a few days before the 1st game. I hope I am wrong and we get the players we need in but I cant help thinking of last years fiasco and panic buying at the 11th hour so far it looks like we have conducted our transfer business early on and thats it .....

Come on eddy, nobody is overreacting?? There's a lot, maybe not from you in particular.

What's with panic buy fiasco? We've got main targets in, right down the spine of team; and we're after a couple more which happen throughout the window like every other team.

If we go out and bought and additional 6 new players and they don't gel you know people on here would call out Koeman for buying so many, in fact it already as. The squad going into this season is stronger with more depth, yes the snake as left but we have no idea how Sandro and Rooney will operate when fully up to speed with each other.

If we'd sold Lukaku last week and brought nobody in then yes, going into the season the squad would be weaker and I'd be concerned. But the squad is now a squad with genuine options on the bench, no Tom Cleverly, Aiden McGeady scenario.

View attachment 39643

Could be the case.

But, look back at how Kenwright has worked on people to sell his Everton dream. He used the Greggs for their financial muscle and his relationship of working with them in the theatre world.

Gregg had the financial power to win in the battle for Everton but Kenwright won the PR war. Used the Fortress Fund with its team of superheros Robert Steelhammer, @Wincredible Hulk to stop Gregg in his tracks and force him out into the cold.

Brought in Earl to win that war by using the Kirkby move as a carrot for him to grow on his investment.

Moshiri has been brought in to get rid of Earl, whose to say Kenwright hasn't got another ace up his sleeve blocking him taking full control.

Kenwright is like Littlefinger, playing both sides to get what he wants. I can see Kenwright sitting on the Iron Throne at the end of Game of Thrones after doing a deal with the Night King and the army of the dead to get his way.

+10 rep for that pic. lollollol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back