Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
OK. Taken from his interview with Jim White in November:

On his backing for manager Ronald Koeman:
"
We have no restrictions to spend.

Then:

We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly from Napoli and they wanted £60million. Every defender in Europe now is £50million. It is just monopoly money, it doesn’t mean anything. We competed with Chelsea, we went right to the asking price, but the club didn’t sell

What would you expect fans to think 'no restrictions' means if not that money is no object? I can't think of anything else you could possibly think he meant by that. And he very clearly states that the asking price was £60m and we went to the asking price. If that doesn't mean we bid £60m then I think I need to re-learn English.

Again, I'm not trying to knock his ownership, but let's stop pretending that people imagined all this bullish talk when it's well documented and even recorded for posterity.
Ok mate. I have no transcript from that interview. It's not as I recall it but I'll stand corrected.

The "we have no restrictions to spend" comment is a load of bollox though because clearly we do have. What on earth made him come out with that load of crap?. Even if he had millions to throw into the pot (which he doesn't) we couldn't use it without falling foul of the various FFP rules.

Not sure it works like that
The other club have to accept our bid which I'm sure they would
The player has to want to sign for us , not sure Mata does.
If West Ham offered us 50 m and ROSS 150 k a week would he sign for them
I doubt it
I think it very much works like that. You think all the players I mentioned earlier signed for City because they heard Longsight's beautiful in the spring? They signed because they were offered shedloads of money, and because they could see City were intent on becoming a major force.

Honestly I didn't know people were still so naïve when it comes to football.

Am I being unreasonable ?

I don't think so. A billionaire arrives whispering sweet nothings into our ears and 18 months later, the only players arriving through the gates are players bought with the funds from players sold. I did expect him to get his head down this summer and maybe sign a marquee player to back up his comments yes.

Yet to spend anything above what we've brought in. His folder can be found next to Kenwrights in the ' Utter bollocks ' cabinet.
I think you are mate but that's your opinion, I was hoping for a marquee signing but don't think it's possible I think we need another progressive season before that's possible, and I mean that by us not being attractable enough ATM. If we can get very close to the CL this season then that marquee signing would be more attainable. At the minute I think Sigurdsson is as good as we can get.

I think you are mate but that's your opinion, I was hoping for a marquee signing but don't think it's possible I think we need another progressive season before that's possible, and I mean that by us not being attractable enough ATM. If we can get very close to the CL this season then that marquee signing would be more attainable. At the minute I think Sigurdsson is as good as we can get.

Progressive ?

So you expect this current Everton squad to push on and break into that top 6 this season ?

I admire your enthusiasm but I've watched 5 games this pre season with this current squad and we are all over the place. Still short in key positions. The only players that are guaranteed to start each week are Keane and Pickford.

Right now you wouldn't bat an eyelid if one of the other 'regulars' was on the bench. I think that's alarming and certainly not ideal for a club progressing to get into the top 6.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back