Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Progressive ?

So you expect this current Everton squad to push on and break into that top 6 this season ?

I admire your enthusiasm but I've watched 5 games this pre season with this current squad and we are all over the place. Still short in key positions. The only players that are guaranteed to start each week are Keane and Pickford.

Right now you wouldn't bat an eyelid if one of the other 'regulars' was on the bench. I think that's alarming and certainly not ideal for a club progressing to get into the top 6.
Last seasons squad was close last year to breaking into the top 6 and I certainly think we have a better squad now, once we get another striker.

I think it was obvious from the start his main interest was the new stadium and the money he'll make off a future sale once we get into that stadium and the Liverpool Waters project possibly kicks off.

He's a big improvement on Kenwright in that he isn't a luvvy and wants to be competing with a good manager, but he's not going to be a sugar daddy that some of our fanbase and the media have been falsely led to believe. Leicester, Newcastle, Stoke, Wolves and WBA all have wealthier owners than us.

I just hope we can hold on to 7th until we move into the new stadium and some crazy Chinese/Russian oligarch see's us as a good investment/play thing and sinks his money into us.

I think it was obvious from the start his main interest was the new stadium and the money he'll make off a future sale once we get into that stadium and the Liverpool Waters project possibly kicks off.

He's a big improvement on Kenwright in that he isn't a luvvy and wants to be competing with a good manager, but he's not going to be a sugar daddy that some of our fanbase and the media have been falsely led to believe. Leicester, Newcastle, Stoke, Wolves and WBA all have wealthier owners than us.

I just hope we can hold on to 7th until we move into the new stadium and some crazy Chinese/Russian oligarch see's us as a good investment/play thing and sinks his money into us.

giphy.gif

Ok mate. I have no transcript from that interview. It's not as I recall it but I'll stand corrected.

The "we have no restrictions to spend" comment is a load of bollox though because clearly we do have. What on earth made him come out with that load of crap?. Even if he had millions to throw into the pot (which he doesn't) we couldn't use it without falling foul of the various FFP rules.

Err, yes he does. He actually has about 1,500 of them. Although he's clearly not going to give them all to Everton, as you seem to suggest. Its Bit like you saying you have a house worth £150,000 and you'll sell it and give all the proceeds to the club.

And FFP. This is something you've clearly seen on these pages and have decided you want to be in the FFP club. So you've started throwing it around and getting all confident about it without having the blindest idea what it means or how it works.

There's no shame in not knowing mate - it's cool, not that many get it - but when you go bringing it into discussions and getting it hopelessly wrong it makes you look a bit daft really.

Err, yes he does. He actually has about 1,500 of them. Although he's clearly not going to give them all to Everton, as you seem to suggest. Its Bit like you saying you have a house worth £150,000 and you'll sell it and give all the proceeds to the club.

And FFP. This is something you've clearly seen on these pages and have decided you want to be in the FFP club. So you've started throwing it around and getting all confident about it without having the blindest idea what it means or how it works.

There's no shame in not knowing mate - it's cool, not that many get it - but when you go bringing it into discussions and getting it hopelessly wrong it makes you look a bit daft really.

Well I know little about FFP, but I'm not seeing clubs like PSG, City , Chelsea etc curbing their spending, yes I know their base is different from ours. It appears to me to be a toothless threat that an astute businessman like Moshiri could easily circumvent if the need ever arises.

Well I know little about FFP, but I'm not seeing clubs like PSG, City , Chelsea etc curbing their spending, yes I know their base is different from ours. It appears to me to be a toothless threat that an astute businessman like Moshiri could easily circumvent if the need ever arises.
Just tag in the expert mate and he’ll educate a mere mortal such as yourself.

@bizzaro

I personally never once thought Moshiri was a 'sugar daddy'. You only had to do a bit of research to find out that, whilst he is indeed very rich, he isn't 'oil rich'. He's no Abramovic, Mansour, or indeed Usmanov.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back