Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Not really, I compared last seasons stats for two of our 3 strikers. You went off on a wild tangent about Lukaku and Diafra Sakho.

It was clearly obvious Lukaku would go on to better things. It’s not clear whether Rooney would outperform Niasse any more.

Yes, proving stats that can be used for anything. But if you believe that Oumar Niasse is a better footballer than Wayne Rooney then good luck to you.

Anyway this is about Farahad Moshiri

You have absolutely no idea what my knowledge of FFP and STCC is, so shove it with the condescending comments pal. I know enough to say that you can't just spend whatever you want on players without maintaining sustainable profit levels and covering players wages increases from non TV revenues. And yes I do know what those levels are, both domestically and for European competition.

And as regards Moshiri, last I saw he was worth around £1.2b. But the vast majority of that would be tied up in business interests and probably a decent amount in property too. I'm not sure how much he got from liquidating his 15% share in Arsenal but I would suspect that most of that has been used up in his initial investment in Everton and subsequent loan. So I doubt very much he has substantial liquid assets to invest in the squad even if he wanted to.

And where do you get the idea that I'm suggesting he should be putting all of his funds into the club. If you read my other posts in this thread you'll see I'm suggesting the complete opposite.

My post was a criticism of the guy for suggesting that "we have no restrictions" to spend, when clearly we are restricted by our ongoing profit/loss levels and by our non TV revenue income. If I'm wrong please educate me.

Ok mate. On the last point, my apologies - it was another poster's comment re expecting Moshiri to 'give all he has' to the club, which was taken literally.

On the 'we have no restrictions' point, the context of that comment was around there not being a net spend cap that was being suggested. So again you've taken a literal interpretation and moved into the FFP argument. Yes, technically there's a cap around FFP, but the formula is not going to stop Moshiri spending a few tens of millions above the impact of incoming sales and new commercial deals, unless you really are expecting him to throw £200 million in, noting you don't think he has it - or can source it - anyway.

And that's the main point that you don't seem to consider re Moshiri mate - it's not what he's worth that counts, it's what investment he can bring in through his influence and business acumen. He's already done that substantially and this is where he's laying down the foundations for us not to fall foul of FFP.

Ok mate. On the last point, my apologies - it was another poster's comment re expecting Moshiri to 'give all he has' to the club, which was taken literally.

On the 'we have no restrictions' point, the context of that comment was around there not being a net spend cap that was being suggested. So again you've taken a literal interpretation and moved into the FFP argument. Yes, technically there's a cap around FFP, but the formula is not going to stop Moshiri spending a few tens of millions above the impact of incoming sales and new commercial deals, unless you really are expecting him to throw £200 million in, noting you don't think he has it - or can source it - anyway.

And that's the main point that you don't seem to consider re Moshiri mate - it's not what he's worth that counts, it's what investment he can bring in through his influence and business acumen. He's already done that substantially and this is where he's laying down the foundations for us not to fall foul of FFP.

We have no real regulatory restrictions this summer but there's clearly a set budget which is inflexible. A big club would have overpaid and have Sigurdson starting on Saturday.

Nothing wrong with having a budget but you can't claim you'll give your manager everything he wants and then faff for a month over 5m. We need more realism and less hysteria from Moshiri.

We have no real regulatory restrictions this summer but there's clearly a set budget which is inflexible. A big club would have overpaid and have Sigurdson starting on Saturday.

Nothing wrong with having a budget but you can't claim you'll give your manager everything he wants and then faff for a month over 5m. We need more realism and less hysteria from Moshiri.

I completely concur. The point is Moshiri is not Abramovich, nor the Govt of Qatar. So he is restricted and is not a 'sugar daddy'. So we shouldn't expect him to be the same. I don't think he's given any 'hysterical' comments, but there's a slew of posters on here who have taken a completely superficial view on what he's said and turned it into the 'just splash the cash' argument we're having now...

I completely concur. The point is Moshiri is not Abramovich, nor the Govt of Qatar. So he is restricted and is not a 'sugar daddy'. So we shouldn't expect him to be the same. I don't think he's given any 'hysterical' comments, but there's a slew of posters on here who have taken a completely superficial view on what he's said and turned it into the 'just splash the cash' argument we're having now...

He was talking about 60m bids for defenders and monopoly money last August. If he wasn't planning significant first team investment then he shouldn't have said these sort of comments. His off field stuff is a million miles better than before, but we still not pulled off one deal that wouldn't have happened before he came.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back