Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Seriously?!

Diego costa would have happily buggered off from a title winning team to go to china in January for more money. Brazilian internationals have given up their national team to go out there for the same reason. Adebayor and Tevez moved from title chasing teams to 10th placed city. And you think we couldn't get mata to move to a club 1 place lower in the league if we doubled his wages.
And you think 200 k would double his wages ??

If Moshiri was the real deal he would see Chelsea's £50 million valuation of Costa and throw it on the table/ cash + Barkley and throw £200-250k a week on the table to a top player who let's be honest seems to chase the money.

That's what you need to do when you don't have CL football, that's what City, Chelsea, PSG and all the other clubs done but we won't do it as he isn't the real deal in terms of an owner willing to throw silly money around to build a genuine CL quality side.

Problem is to sign a proven goalscorer in the current market like Benteke for example will cost you around £40-50 million and £130k a week anyway, so Go all out and try get a statement signing who'll get you 20 goals a season.

He was talking about 60m bids for defenders and monopoly money last August. If he wasn't planning significant first team investment then he shouldn't have said these sort of comments. His off field stuff is a million miles better than before, but we still not pulled off one deal that wouldn't have happened before he came.

But that assumes you simply don't believe we did actually bid that, and that we wouldn't have paid. I get the history isn't great around phantom bids, but nothing he said there suggests he wouldn't have paid - yet because the deal didn't happen (ie. Napoli ultimately wouldn't sell), there's an assumption it was a phantom bid and we're back to the kind of comments you're making above.

He says things in a way to try to explain what's happening, and all the local smarta**es then apply their personal view of what they thought he meant based on the atrocities of the past regime.

Tedious...

If Moshiri was the real deal he would see Chelsea's £50 million valuation of Costa and throw it on the table/ cash + Barkley and throw £200-250k a week on the table to a top player who let's be honest seems to chase the money.

That's what you need to do when you don't have CL football, that's what City, Chelsea, PSG and all the other clubs done but we won't do it as he isn't the real deal in terms of an owner willing to throw silly money around to build a genuine CL quality side.

Problem is to sign a proven goalscorer in the current market like Benteke for example will cost you around £40-50 million and £130k a week anyway, so Go all out and try get a statement signing who'll get you 20 goals a season.

At least we arent PSG, City and Chelsea.

Before the inflation in the summer Sigurdsson was worth around £20-£25 million.

I'm not surprised the club is stalling or baulking at doing this deal because he is not worth £50 million Swansea is asking for.

Good player in the right system but he's not an elite player,the fee is like this because of how prices have inflated recently.

Just before the window opened City got Bernando Silva who is double the player of Sigurdsson for £43 million,the guy was supreme last season for Monaco especially in the CL games.

If i was Koeman i would pay the £40 odd million Sporting Lisbon want Gelson Martins,has electric pace,beats players with ease and is the next Portuguese star.

He's put 150m in? Where?

Also his 190m of player purchases, how much was offset by player sales and commercial income?

There is no stadium just a site and an idea. Which by the way is being funded by the council not him

Completely wrong

Jim white reported it iirc, I can tell you that 80,000,000 was used to clear the club of debt. The same way city and chelsea cleared it.

About 140,000,000 but seeing as we could drop another 100,000,000 this transfer windowI think we'll have to wait till the end of the window to know weather we can use transfers as a stick to beat him with. What I will as is the reason we have more commercial Income to spend is because of Moshiri. If it wasn't for Moshiri puka pies would still be our second most lucrative sponsor.

Well we are going to have a stadium seeing as there are already plans for it to be used in the common wealth games. So yes there will be a be a stadium.

Whoa there cowboy, you obviously don't understand how the agreement with the stadium and the council works and it's making you look a little silly. Let me explain, whoever we get to loan us the money to build the stadium will require a guarantor. Liverpool city council will act as evertons guarantor (earning 4,000,000 a year in the process). They will actually make money from this and not have to spend any money.

I mean If you think liverpool council have money for a new stadium to just lend everton then you really don't spend alot of time in liverpool

And you think 200 k would double his wages ??
Ok I googled it, £200k a week (a figure I plucked out of the air as an example) would only be a 60k increase. Pretty sure that would be more than enough anyway but that wasn't the point was it? Go to £280k then. That was what was being debated - who would come here if we would stump up the cash. Whether it's £200k, £300k or £800k a week, it doesn't change the point being made - go high enough and virtually any player in the world will sign for you.

Ok I googled it, £200k a week (a figure I plucked out of the air as an example) would only be a 60k increase. Pretty sure that would be more than enough anyway but that wasn't the point was it? Go to £280k then. That was what was being debated - who would come here if we would stump up the cash. Whether it's £200k, £300k or £800k a week, it doesn't change the point being made - go high enough and virtually any player in the world will sign for you.
And FFP be dammed

People (@davek) are confusing being rich (like Moshiri) with being stupid.

Jeff Bezos doesn't just buy companies at top dollar

Just because you're rich doesn't mean you pay stupid money

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back