Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The debt is still owed but to him instead

Yes technically but for all intensive purposes its been cleared. There are no repayments structured, no time specified to pay him back and more importantly there is no intrest is being accrued.

Which, is like i said what the owners of city and chelsea originally did to "clear the club of debt". Or are you going to say their clubs are ran by frauds now? Might as well, its as ludicrous as any of your other statements.

What is the problem of sell to buy? If the manager wanted to get rid of players and used the incoming fee as part of th budget what's wrong with that?

If only he'd been honest when he arrived. All he needed to say was that the manager will be allowed to spend whatever cash we receive in player sales and maybe see that topped up by tv cash, and that he'd try his level best to get a stadium built.

Instead we were fed big talk and big claims over how dramatically things would change.

If only he'd been honest when he arrived. All he needed to say was that the manager will be allowed to spend whatever cash we receive in player sales and maybe see that topped up by tv cash, and that he'd try his level best to get a stadium built.

Instead we were fed big talk and big claims over how dramatically things would change.

As things stand today, hands down your totally right.
Mosh can change that in a blink of an eye but will he...

As things stand today, hands down your totally right.
Mosh can change that in a blink of an eye but will he...

Forget big statement in terms of squad investment. Three windows in and we'll have seen very modest net spending. So that wont be changing anyone's mind.

The stadium is a different matter. If change occurs here he'll get some breathing space. The unfortunate thing is that any announcement in the near future will be just news about consultations and nothing substantial. I can easily see the stadium issue dragging on without any significant development for another 18 months...and then if there is definite movement I can just as easily see legal challenges that delay again.

IMO anyone expecting real change on the stadium issue are going to be disappointed.

Some of the posters in this thread.

lollollollollollollollol

Turn the clock back 18 months and ask yourselves whether you would prefer to still be that club. Just because we can't yet compete with the City's, United's and Chelsea's of this world doesn't mean that we haven't moved on.

We also had Martinez Sapie and a very dodgy group of shareholders.

The club's bigger than one player mate. I agree he's a big loss and we haven't replaced him yet, but there's still 3 weeks left of the window.

Mate, there's posters on here calling the guy a fraud and worse. In my opinion they're the ones who are being unfair and I'll have a go at them all day long.

In the 18 months he's been here we've moved on a lot as a club. But Moshiri isn't rich in the same way as some of them seem to think. He barely qualifies as a billionaire and that includes all his assets including business interests. He doesn't have a wad of cash to just throw at the club, even if FFP rules allowed.

It's going to take years to turn the club into an elite force. I get that fans are starved of success and want things now, but the guy isn't a miracle worker. I do believe he's trying to deliver on what he promised. It doesn't help that players like Lukaku are as impatient as some of our fans though.

He never said that though mate. Although I think that's what a lot of fans were expecting. And if you are taking about the Jim White interview he said that we were after Koulibaly but that Napoli wanted £60m. Not that we bid £60m. Or that was my take when I listened to it.
Ok mate. On the last point, my apologies - it was another poster's comment re expecting Moshiri to 'give all he has' to the club, which was taken literally.

On the 'we have no restrictions' point, the context of that comment was around there not being a net spend cap that was being suggested. So again you've taken a literal interpretation and moved into the FFP argument. Yes, technically there's a cap around FFP, but the formula is not going to stop Moshiri spending a few tens of millions above the impact of incoming sales and new commercial deals, unless you really are expecting him to throw £200 million in, noting you don't think he has it - or can source it - anyway.

And that's the main point that you don't seem to consider re Moshiri mate - it's not what he's worth that counts, it's what investment he can bring in through his influence and business acumen. He's already done that substantially and this is where he's laying down the foundations for us not to fall foul of FFP.
I think we're on the same side re Moshiri mate. I was fighting his corner in this thread on a number of fronts yesterday as you'll see from the above posts.

In fact I defended him blindly on the said Jim White interview and was put firmly in my place, which is why I made the post you seem to have such an issue with. The post was not about FFP as you seem to think. That is just a side issue. The post was about whether Moshiri should have said those things. I agree he was being bullish and bigging things up, but these things have a habit of coming back to bite you on the bum when taken literally, as you can see from this thread. His comments were naïve at best and he only has himself to blame for the backlash he's getting now from some fans.

And I do wish you would stop making assumptions on what is in my head. Your superior attitude and condescending comments are incredibly annoying. I worked in the finance industry for 35 years prior to retiring a few years back, and have some experience of the financial workings of professional football clubs. I do understand what Moshiri brings to the table, and I have taken those things into consideration in backing him for what he's done for the club so far. I still have question marks over his use of the media and how the boardroom has developed during his tenure, but overall I'm very happy with what he's done.

Forget big statement in terms of squad investment. Three windows in and we'll have seen very modest net spending. So that wont be changing anyone's mind.

The stadium is a different matter. If change occurs here he'll get some breathing space. The unfortunate thing is that any announcement in the near future will be just news about consultations and nothing substantial. I can easily see the stadium issue dragging on without any significant development for another 18 months...and then if there is definite movement I can just as easily see legal challenges that delay again.

IMO anyone expecting real change on the stadium issue are going to be disappointed.
At least until the Games thing has been decided one way or the other.
#Go the Brummies

The board needs a bluming good shack to be honest until then I don't think we'll see the huge strides he wanted. Maybe a bit of over confidenece on his part but I like that.

The likes of PSG are a hobbie for the extremely wealthy, and splashing the cash in front of your mates will only get you so far. Once the board this is replaced or BK is willing to sell his share then the options to him I can only assume are limited.

Yes it would be nice to have a big purse string etc but I'd rather the club run professionally with a long term future and plan in place again dependent on the above. The prinicple applied to spuds isn't a bad example to follow all though the owner is a total bell I'll admit.

I think we're on the same side re Moshiri mate. I was fighting his corner in this thread on a number of fronts yesterday as you'll see from the above posts.

In fact I defended him blindly on the said Jim White interview and was put firmly in my place, which is why I made the post you seem to have such an issue with. The post was not about FFP as you seem to think. That is just a side issue. The post was about whether Moshiri should have said those things. I agree he was being bullish and bigging things up, but these things have a habit of coming back to bite you on the bum when taken literally, as you can see from this thread. His comments were naïve at best and he only has himself to blame for the backlash he's getting now from some fans.

And I do wish you would stop making assumptions on what is in my head. Your superior attitude and condescending comments are incredibly annoying. I worked in the finance industry for 35 years prior to retiring a few years back, and have some experience of the financial workings of professional football clubs. I do understand what Moshiri brings to the table, and I have taken those things into consideration in backing him for what he's done for the club so far. I still have question marks over his use of the media and how the boardroom has developed during his tenure, but overall I'm very happy with what he's done.

Fair enough mate. I honestly didn't mean it to get personal. I just find it incredibly irritating that people on here state opinion as fact, based on no evidence or thought, and tell me i'm deluded or a 'kopite' if i dont agree. I don't mean to include you in that but there are lots of emotional Inner Chimps on here who dont allow themselves to think logically.

I only really took issue with you saying Mosh shouldn't say this and that - he's a big boy and I'm sure he couldn't give a flying one about what GOT thinks. As we know there are a hundred times as many fans out tbere who will be buoyed by what he has said (as Bill also has his had in tbe past). I honestly don't think he needs to be so precise in his words to ensure all the bedwetters are kept happy all of the time. He won't get it right always, but directionally were in a far, far better place than we were, and i personally believe we shod let him execute his medium term plan without being tripped up every second that it doesnt go like clockwork.

Apologies again if I caused offence - not intended.

Perhaps we should get one of those 'just add water' stadiums then Dave?

Fair enough mate. I honestly didn't mean it to get personal. I just find it incredibly irritating that people on here state opinion as fact, based on no evidence or thought, and tell me i'm deluded or a 'kopite' if i dont agree. I don't mean to include you in that but there are lots of emotional Inner Chimps on here who dont allow themselves to think logically.

I only really took issue with you saying Mosh shouldn't say this and that - he's a big boy and I'm sure he couldn't give a flying one about what GOT thinks. As we know there are a hundred times as many fans out tbere who will be buoyed by what he has said (as Bill also has his had in tbe past). I honestly don't think he needs to be so precise in his words to ensure all the bedwetters are kept happy all of the time. He won't get it right always, but directionally were in a far, far better place than we were, and i personally believe we shod let him execute his medium term plan without being tripped up every second that it doesnt go like clockwork.

Apologies again if I caused offence - not intended.
Apologies accepted mate. As I said, we're both on the same side here.

Is there a power struggle going on behind the scenes? It,s just an opinion but whose to say that Bill is not convinced by RK behind the scenes - sees him as a QUICK FIX manager who will get rid of the local lads at the first chance. Not beyond Bill to manage situations to satisfy a means to an end.

Personally I think Bill has no weight in these matters but you cannot underestimate someone whom has been skilled in the dark arts of divide and conquer when it comes to matters that he has a personal involvement.

Stranger things have happened.

Is there a power struggle going on behind the scenes? It,s just an opinion but whose to say that Bill is not convinced by RK behind the scenes - sees him as a QUICK FIX manager who will get rid of the local lads at the first chance. Not beyond Bill to manage situations to satisfy a means to an end.

Personally I think Bill has no weight in these matters but you cannot underestimate someone whom has been skilled in the dark arts of divide and conquer when it comes to matters that he has a personal involvement.

Stranger things have happened.

man-in-tin-foil-lined-bed-room-picture-id101687337

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back